Produce firewood using sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cub Foods sells .75 cuft bundles and both the end cuts and split (rip?) cuts are saw cut. Both cuts are done by something smoother and more precise than a chainsaw. I think they are supplied by an outfit in Wisconsin. I always wondered what kind of processor they were using. Makes for some neat looking bundles. Cub retails them for $4.19/bundle so they are not on the high end of bundle pricing.

:cheers:

Over here neat sawn timber shorts qualifies as offcuts,downgrade firewood or mill ends priced as cheap as chips.In your language $35 per full cord.Forest harvested dry, split hardwood sells for $450 to $650 a full cord,mills can,t sell or give away all their mill ends so they chip them.I know which I,d be selling to make money:msp_wink: And I do.:cheers:

That is a different duck altogether. Making good use of stuff left over from wood you sawed for other purposes. Running full trees through a mill for nothing but firewood does not make economic sense.

Harry K

Back