Progressive Modding of a Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds good and looks really professional.:clap:

I think the muffler cage on the 7900 is tuned, and gives you a bit of scavenging. If you look at the cage you can see it flows a ton, and is not really restrictive at all.:cheers:

And this is why you have to be leery of places like this. Three people congratulating Brad when he just posted that it didn't help. He did make it louder and trailer house worthy though. ;-)

And this is why you have to be leery of places like this. Three people congratulating Brad when he just posted that it didn't help. He did make it louder and trailer house worthy though. ;-)

Space, is your glass always half empty???

I think a lot like jashar's post a while back when he modded a 7900 the gain's on this saw just do not seem worth the time and effort to me when you can have the same work done to similar cc size saws and see dramatic gains.But I do like the vid's Brad and your enthusiasm to get every little bit out of a saw.Keep up the good work.

Those that want to mod one will now know what doesn't work. How do you think all this stuff gets figured out? Lots of failures to get to the point where you know what works.

If a tree falls in the Forrest and there is no attorney there to hear it, can anyone really capitalize or earn from its negligent actions....

If you ignore him he will go away....

( just ask Kevin Costner...have you seen has last few movies ?)

So which one's the Dolmar 7900-->Got it Kevin Costner

How's the compression and squish?
To me, the new muffler side port looks much better than a frontal dill job.

I love the progressive vid thing. The truth is in the cutting, not the volume.

Thanks and keep it coming , Brad.

I blocked of the factory exit with a piece of sheet metal the same shape as the screen. I'm guessing the new port to be about equal to yours Andy. The times only changed a few tenths. However, only one stock cut was faster than all four of these in this next video. IMHO, the bottom line is, there's no need to mod the muffler on a stock 7900. I personally like the way it sounds better, but the cuts times didn't change much at all.

I'm going to go ahead and pop the P&C off and get work inside. I'll play with the exhaust tuning some more once it's ported.

BTW, I've now got one tank of fuel through it.

I have not measured compression or squish. I will before I tear it down.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/95sNuayCTIw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/95sNuayCTIw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back