Project 084 Nears completion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang said:
This is still not fully assembled, so I can't answer that, But Lakeside recommends baking the paint otherwise it really soft for about a month.

I set these parts infront of a radiant heater for about 2 days and then they sat by the stove for a few more days.

The more heat you can get, the better it dries and sticks....

Ha! Before my shop convection oven, I put saw parts all over the fireplace heath, hung all my mufflers on the tool stand about an inch in front of the wood stove glass front. The wife complained about the "paint smell"... She complained when used the Kitchen oven, the washing machine, the dryer, the laundry sinks, the.... Then I got the shop oven she asks why? Can't win, can't... :taped:

Lakeside53 said:
Ha! Before my shop convection oven, I put saw parts all over the fireplace heath, hung all my mufflers on the tool stand about an inch in front of the wood stove glass front. The wife complained about the "paint smell"... She complained when used the Kitchen oven, the washing machine, the dryer, the laundry sinks, the.... Then I got the shop oven she asks why? Can't win, can't... :taped:

Hey lakeside what kind of paint do you use on mufflers and how do you clean them before sanding & painting??????

I'm not andy, but I have tried a couple differant kinds of high temp paint...

The BBQ black paint doesn't seem to last very long. I have tried the generics, Duplicolor brand with ceramic, etc. They all wear off over time.

The last couple mufflers I did was using a brush on product called POR-20 high temp paint. It is made by POR-15 and is great stuff. It is kinda expensive for a little can, but well worth the money.

I will wire brush them if there is rouch flakies on them, and scotchbrite them before giving them a good bath in a brake part cleaner. Let it dry and go to town with the paint.

I use the Dupli-color hitemp matt black header paint (1200f) and it works well. The secret to a tough finish is to bake the muffler for about an hour at 450F...

Cleaning: Best - Bead blaster. Second - wire brush, then soak in a degreaser like Purple cleaner and bake it until dry and hot.

Freakingstang said:
Nope, but at least my garage didn't have a mishap with Talon and a tree removal......

DSCF0078.jpg
Yup.......but at least I am a big enough man to come here and tell ya all :buttkick: Let's just think here for a minute...................................how many people had their saws pinched and resulted in crushed saws??? It takes major balls to come here and share my story especially when I did not cause it :angry: The ass**le that caused the accident has been a ball less man and has been MIA for 2 whole weeks avoiding his responsibility for the repair bill..........I have known him for 30 years and he pulls this **** on me? I am NOT nice when I get "poked"....Guess what happens when we meet again
2nunu.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Nice paint job, looks like a good project. 084 great saw in my opinion, I like it better than the 088 because it has the extra manual oiler. Make sure when you put the flywheel back on you put it in the correct position. There are 2 slots on it depending on the coil you have, if it is not matched correctly it will kick like a mule when you try to start it. I have the correct setting somewhere, but Lakeside gave it to me and probably can find it faster if needed. Have fun. :)

Dadatwins said:
There are 2 slots on it depending on the coil you have, if it is not matched correctly it will kick like a mule when you try to start it. I have the correct setting somewhere, but Lakeside gave it to me and probably can find it faster if needed. Have fun. :)

Oh he'll be o.k. - he has an Elastostart. In any case, I'm not helling him 'cos he just called us all girls for bein' "afraid" of an 066 kickin':biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Lakeside53 said:
Oh he'll be o.k. - he has an Elastostart. In any case, I'm not helling him 'cos he just called us all girls for bein' "afraid" of an 066 kickin':biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Darn pansies anywho....:popcorn:
I say if you can't start it, then you have no business running it. Whatcha think about that?:rock:

What would you say if I told you it only has one keyway....

:laugh:

I know, I know. I actually read about that a time or three on here....

Andy, go head.. make the claim. What are we bettin against?

I let you have my almost new 660 (10 tanks threw it)

And you can give up that 088/880.

Sound fair?

Let me know when you are ready to play. I'll have to walk a few feet to the garage in my shorts in this cold weather to get pics.......

I think it should be what else do i need... I mean I'm giving up a saw that isn't even broken in yet, against some wore out logger saw? :dizzy: I think you throw that ms200T in on the bet and we got a deal. Been wanting to try one of those....

:cheers:

RaisedByWolves said:
Yeah, whatever......

How many Homies do I have to put up to get into this?

Ahh you can play along and if I win, I'll just let you keep em'. sound fair?

If not, tough! lol.

not unless you got an XL-1000 new in the box, then that changes things

Back