Project 084 Nears completion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RaisedByWolves said:
That means if I loose I Still have to keep them?

Theres something fishy here.

Yup, you get to keep them. That is the best deal EVAR. :laugh:

You must be one of those guys that questions the guy that has a free frewood sign in his front yard, huh? :biggrinbounce2:

What kind of fish do you like?

Freakingstang said:
Yup, you get to keep them. That is the best deal EVAR. :laugh:

You must be one of those guys that questions the guy that has a free frewood sign in his front yard, huh? :biggrinbounce2:

No, not me, Im the guy who pulls up in the driveway and tells the guy loading his truck with the free wood that I changed my mind and want to keep the wood.

Then I wait till hes gone and load the wood into my truck and leave!:hmm3grin2orange:

RaisedByWolves said:
No, not me, Im the guy who pulls up in the driveway and tells the guy loading his truck with the free wood that I changed my mind and want to keep the wood.

Then I wait till hes gone and load the wood into my truck and leave!:hmm3grin2orange:

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Andy

RaisedByWolves said:
What kind of fish do you like?

Your just mean RBW....

Freakingstang said:
So where is bettin Andy at this morning... I'm ready to take my new saws from him.... :laugh:

I'm here...

..but why bet saws? The LAST thing I want is more saws, and loosing or gaining a few (I won't ever lose, so it's gain, gain.. damn, more damn saws..) is meaningless!. In the good 'ole days' the deeds to the ranch would be slapped on the table. The only problem is... The last place I want to live is in the "mid west" on a ranch with you still on the north 40 in the trailer covered with the blue tarp, second from the left, just beyond the pile of '65 galaxy's :popcorn:

So, what do you have I'd want??

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of the finished product..... Got back late last night from New York, so I thought I'd finish her up. The 660 in the pics is a low hour and unpainted. I put it there to show the quality of the matching STIHL paint.

New crank bearings, rings, orange plastic, grommets, bushings, fuel lines, oil hose, etc... All it needs is the safety decals to be complete.....It is ready for the mill when it shows up....lol

here's one with my cat that wouldn't leave it alone....lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like the bars you have on there Steve. Plus, I also know where to get the 16" 3/8 .050 084 mount bars if you ever need one for the:chainsaw:.
Be sure to show us some videos in action.:)

Nice job on the 084 Steve. Too bad the plastic doesn't claen up as easily.

I remember some stuff that was available for restoring the plastic on dirtbikes..........dunno if it would work here!

huh? That is new plastic....brand new.... all the orange is brand spanking new. Trust me, my wallet will tell you all about it....lol. The old plastic is going on my other 084 project, but it just needs a p/c...not going to go thru it like this one

Ohh, you mean the tank...YEAH I wish that would clean up better...

Really nice!!!!!

uh oh.. Safety lables..... On their way Tuedsay... Sorry...:(

Just poking at ya Andy...lol.

Like I was in a rush to get it together....:dizzy: Only took me 6 months...

Question though....Why does the orange differ on the engine cover/shroud and the air filter cover and filter base? kinda pizzes me off that they don't match, even though they are new....

Just poking at ya Andy...lol.

Like I was in a rush to get it together....:dizzy: Only took me 6 months...

Question though....Why does the orange differ on the engine cover/shroud and the air filter cover and filter base? kinda pizzes me off that they don't match, even though they are new....

They changed to the brighter orange about 12 years back... You must have one older part, one newer... I see the same on 044's a lot.

Anyone have a fix for the faded tank?

I have tried numerous cleaners, even that Mr. clean magic eraser, and Meguires cleaner wax...all to no avail.

Wonder if wet sanding with 800-1000 grit and then buffing would help to whiten it back to the original color.....?

I've never got the tanks back to "orginal". That generation of nylon yellowed real quick.

As soon as you get it real dirty you won't notice anyhow :D

Tested an an 084 I just fixed up for a guy today - cut off a 24 inch alder. .404 skip square ground chain - sure threw a lot of big saw "dust"...:biggrinbounce2:

Geesh Stang! Beautiful job on the saw but would you please Return my darn cat!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even the same spots on their nose!

Oh and for all of you find the cat!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back