Project Stumpbroke Husky 345 sleeper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some mighty fine work. Thanks for taking the time to document it. I just happen to have a nice 350 EPA with a scored piston. I was already doing the 353 piston and and found this very interesting.

Thanks again.

Thought I'd update the thread.
The owner of this saw was gracious enough to let me keep it to take it with me to the WI GTG last weekend. It made a good showin against the other ported 346's there and cut just about the same speed I was told. Got it all cleaned up & ready to ship off.

One last detail on the muffler. I made a spark screen for it.
100_2253.jpg

Show & shine
100_2254.jpg

And the data
100_2255.jpg

I would really like to try a build like this with an OEM cyl just for giggles.

Andy and I ran it against his slick 346, and they were virtually identical in the cut.

IMG_1089.jpg

We switched sides / traded saws, never could get one to shine over the other... Both awesome little cutters...

Andy and I ran it against his slick 346, and they were virtually identical in the cut.

IMG_1089.jpg

We switched sides / traded saws, never could get one to shine over the other... Both awesome little cutters...

Do you recall if he was running .325 or 3/8 chain?? I think it was .325, but not sure & don't think it makes a difference either way.

This was an interesting project that came out great. I enjoyed the pictures a lot. I have to ask one question - is there a metal insert below that cylinder base, or is the crank spinning over plastic? I'd read that some saws were designed that way but have not been able to tell for sure.

This was an interesting project that came out great. I enjoyed the pictures a lot. I have to ask one question - is there a metal insert below that cylinder base, or is the crank spinning over plastic? I'd read that some saws were designed that way but have not been able to tell for sure.

Plastic baby!!!!

The bottom of the case is just plastic with no metal shell over it.

Latest posts

Back