Project Stumpbroke MS260 PRO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
Here's the latest one to leave the bench. It's a local friends of mine. It was on the wore out side so I didn't take a before vid (wouldn't have been a fair comparison).

100_2931_zpse4e79859.jpg

The piston was rattlin around like a marble in a paint can. The skirts were wore pretty bad.

100_2913_zps25998ed7.jpg

Also is cracked right in the middle of the intake side. It wasn't gonna last a whole lot longer.
100_2914_zps14b7d51d.jpg

It was rocking enough to slap the squishband.
100_2911_zps6d47895f.jpg

from the looks of that you caught it just in time,,, it was heading for a wreck!!!!! Good save!!!

Yep, it was well on it's way to wreckin the whole thing. The wear on the piston was expected, but the crack wasn't (although I have seen them before). Just a stress fracture from slappin around.

Whats with the little hump on the intake port after you ported it? Curious

Stumpy your video says its private. Are you playing with my emotions here? :too_sad:

Looks like a great set up for some firewood. Nice sound and held really well in the cut. Nice job Stump

Just watched the video. This isn't going to help me decide if I should keep my 260 or my 361?!

Looks like you can gring a lot out of the jug... Did you alter the timing much? How about the ignition?

Rich.

Just watched the video. This isn't going to help me decide if I should keep my 260 or my 361?!

Looks like you can gring a lot out of the jug... Did you alter the timing much? How about the ignition?

Rich.

Yep, the port timing is different than stock & the ignition timing is advanced around 8 degrees from stock.

Back