Project Stumpbroke MS260 PRO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, can someone please tell me what's the deal with the MS260 cylinders??? Mine is not the Pro and it has only about 1/8" squish band.

My 350 holds around 10,600 in the cut with 16in b&c. I don't have a lathe or a mill so its just my port work. How much would it really help to cut the squish on it?

How much squish are you running with that wide squish band?
.019"
I haven't checked the comp yet. I'll do that in the morn.

My 350 holds around 10,600 in the cut with 16in b&c. I don't have a lathe or a mill so its just my port work. How much would it really help to cut the squish on it?

just as a reference, the last 350 I done was way stronger than this 260. Gotta love quadports:msp_w00t:

So I willl have to say yes, the squishband does make a difference. If it didn't, I wouldn't go through the headache of doing it. :msp_unsure:

Lotsa variables there...

Such as ? I'm all ears not trying to highjack the thread just thought I'd ask. I'm sure the increase in compression ads torque. But would it be worth trying to find a mill or lathe to use?

Such as ? I'm all ears not trying to highjack the thread just thought I'd ask. I'm sure the increase in compression ads torque. But would it be worth trying to find a mill or lathe to use?

bar and chain;
lenghth
raker depth
sharpness
angle of cutters
size (3/8 or .325)
cutter profile.

wood;
species
hardness
frozen?
dry?
wet
green
dead (pithy)
size

operator;
push to hard/not hard enough

tune of the saw, hours on the saw (break in), ect

Just to name a few.

Well here's a quick idea of what I'm talkin about. Don't mind the 362 its not mine and it needed adjusted.

16in b&c
2 strokes each off the Rakers
Frozen sycamore
Dead approximately 2 years

YouTube

If you guys know how to get the video to show up in the window it'd be awesome to know the trick.

Link no workie...
But cutting the squish will reduce the volume of the combustion chamber. It's just another tool in the belt of a saw modder, to get what they're looking for, in timing and compression.

Well here's a quick idea of what I'm talkin about. Don't mind the 362 its not mine and it needed adjusted.

16in b&c
Frozen sycamore

YouTube

If you guys know how to get the video to show up in the window it'd be awesome to know the trick.

Here's yer vid buddy.
[video=youtube_share;TPGPsFleXn0]http://youtu.be/TPGPsFleXn0[/video]

16in b&c
Frozen sycamore

YouTube

Link no workie...
But cutting the squish will reduce the volume of the combustion chamber. It's just another tool in the belt of a saw modder, to get what they're looking for, in timing and compression.

Right, cutting the band also allows more room to play with the ex & transfer port timing.;) It's not all about making compression.

I'll trade ya the wood boss for it...

The 350 in the vid that is... Stihls are worth more than those cheap ole' homeowner things...
And stuff....

Last edited:
Here's the last 350 I done. I think it was a 20" 3/8 on it.
[video=youtube_share;-yGnkDLPDpA]http://youtu.be/-yGnkDLPDpA[/video]

Little piece of humbled pie there. I've got a video of mine running a 20 but its holding 9,500ish in the cut. Looks like yours pulls around 11? I guess the squish is the next step to catching up Haha.

Latest posts

Back