Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just bought a 066 mag when i pull it over even without choke it floods to the point of gas spraying out of the de comp valve and then runs out muffler. this happens within 1 or 2 pulls. am i holding the saw wrong when i start it? my first big saw ... also it has a new plug. it then takes about 20 pulls to clean it out and then runs fine??????????

I really dont think its a carb problem.. my gas cap was seeping a bit so i tightened the heck out of it, wondering if maybe i lost my venting, and the carb or jug is sucking gas while its sitting there not running it runs perfect when i get it started also only loads up with those first pulls

I'd give ya some advice, but if I did, everyone would just laugh at me. :msp_sad:

:msp_w00t: :hmm3grin2orange: now THAT is funny! :clap::hmm3grin2orange:

I tried to give you "sense of humor rep", but I'm outa bullets! :hmm3grin2orange:

Pull it like it owes you money!! got to spin it fast enough to burn the extra gas the bum carb is producing.:hmm3grin2orange:

I really dont think its a carb problem.. my gas cap was seeping a bit so i tightened the heck out of it, wondering if maybe i lost my venting, and the carb or jug is sucking gas while its sitting there not running it runs perfect when i get it started also only loads up with those first pulls

Listen to what the guys are telling you. It's the carb.

If they were telling me I'd listen. And then follow their advice.

Listen to what the guys are telling you. It's the carb.

If they were telling me I'd listen. And then follow their advice.

Hell, we got his MS290 running yesterday. :msp_biggrin:

Happens when the metering diaphragm goes stiff as a board also, it holds the needle off the seat.

Yep and I considered that his metering diaphragm may also be sucked in, except he's saying that it runs fine after he gets the excess cleared. I think if he lowers the inlet needle lever, he'll be fine.

running ethanol gas?the alcohol distorts the diaphram (if it doesnt eat it completely up) and will cause the gas to run straight thru the carb into the crank case and straight out of the muffler.be careful if you get too much gas in your cylinder and cc then you run the risk of hydrolock and a bent rod or possible blown seals

so nobody thinks it could be the gas cap not venting.. and i only had a small amount of gas in the tank I will take your advise but im just trying to eliminate the easy stuff. I also relized i am starting it with the bar pointing down. am i thrusting gas from the carb into the cylinder? just seems weird that its only happening on the first pulls. I know quite a bit about small engines just not that much about saws. am i to assume everyone here is a pro saw mechanic?

I am sure ther is someone here, that if i said my saw wont start,, they would say "is there gas in it?"

I would start it like a grampa with my foot in the handle if my foot fit in the handle

I will get a carb kit... just in my experience diaphram ploblems caused lack of fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back