Pro's using Husky saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nothing against Huskies, for one I never used one. I hear so many bad things across the internet about "big box" stuff that I was blown away by the fact that a pro as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLsCOOrVSk

was using a Husky. Now of course I did not realize that they DO have a pro line not sold at the 'Po.

One thing that Stihl does....they are VERY loyal to the local shops, they refuse to sell a watered-down product at a big box store. Not saying they are superior saws, but they are a loyal outfit.

Plasmech,the saw you are seeing in this video looks to me to be a 372XP. Do a quick search on AS for 372XP and you will understand a little more about the responses you are getting.

I think that this is a fair question. There are those of us who do not eat sleep and breath chainsaws (the horror). The Lowes Husqvarna saws are considered homeowner units (so are the Echo units). The parts that they use are not on par with those of the extra power professional Husky saws. I am not sure if Husky shot themselves in the foot for doing this or not, obviosly Stihl is playing to the mom n' pop shop saw which I like. I love my old Husky saws. But when I was cleaning my air filter on my (expensive) 346xp I saw that the carb was made in China. That really pissed me off. For some reason I had assumed that because I had bought an xp saw I would be getting something not made in China. Its still a good little saw, but that clinched it. I am a Stihl man now.

BTW, Jonsered saws are made in Sweden by the Husqvarna folks.

Last edited:
Same with me ,
I always wonderd why guys are falling timber using 372,385,395,066,088 Saws there god damn home depot ####.

When i Step up the that 3'DBH My wildthing tears right into it . , Like you know PNW #### is all fallen with Wildthings and 260 Pros.

huskys and johnys are made i the same plant.
My dad always ran husky, becouse he had husky bars, and did not want to get all new bars for stihl.:clap:
huskys better any way.
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

95% of the pro loggers that I have seen in the west use either Husky and Stihl saws. Typical loggers that I know run a Stihl 440 or a Husky 372. They seem to be the ideal size for fallers. About 80% of the pro arborists that I have seen run Husky and Stihl saws as well. The rest of the arborist saws I have seen used are small Echo TH saws. A tree butcher team that I saw here last week take a neighbor's tree down had a set of Stihls: a 200T in the bucket, an the groundies had an 044, a 360, and a 650.

Home Depot here sells Poulan and Echo saws, and they rent Makita (Dolmar) saws. I have never seen a Dolmar used by a pro logger or arborist in the PNW. I have seen some climbers use Echo top handle saws like the Echo 3000 I had once.

Some things will never change its just too much for words hehehe. :)

Thinking back I bought my 372 at a farm store and I am no pro by any stretch of the imagination or farmer for that matter. :)

Kansas

Last edited:
But when I was cleaning my air filter on my (expensive) 346xp I saw that the carb was made in China. That really pissed me off. For some reason I had assumed that because I had bought an xp saw I would be getting something not made in China. Its still a good little saw, but that clinched it. I am a Stihl man now.

BTW, Jonsered saws are made in Sweden by the Husqvarna folks.

Hey man not trying to change the subject of this thread buuuut and I dont doubt you but just where is this "made in china" marking that you are talking about anyway that you could see when cleaning the af? I just looked all over my saw and made in Sweden is all I see on anything even the af I cant see any markings but a few numbers in English on the side of the carb so you got me curious!?

I know companys are making things all over the place and I would HIGHLY doubt that something on a Stihl isnt made in china also if that in fact is the case so I wouldnt discount Husqvarna over that but thats just me fwtw.

Kansas

Last edited:
Heres a picture of the Chinese Husqvarna 346xp. Hey if you like Chinese stuff, by all means buy it, I am not going to anymore.

Heres a picture of the Chinese Husqvarna 346xp. Hey if you like Chinese stuff, by all means buy it, I am not going to anymore.

I could care less where something is made if it does what it needs to do. Funny too that a modern day Toyota is more American than most Fords or Chevys... Stihl probably outsources too, whether to China or some other miserable country that's plotting our downfall.

Last edited:
Yeah it certainly is obvious isnt it! I wish one of the Husky guru's would step in and add some insight to this it makes me wonder if your saw is a real Husqvarna and not a knock off that would suck!? I have a pic of mine for everyone to compare.

Kansas

that doesn't necessarily mean the saw was made in china, they might have outsourced just that plate on the carb or the whole carb itself but people need to get use to seeing and buying china stuff cause a lot more is coming.

Zama carbs are manufactured in China. Go figure. Most Husqvarna saws use carbs made by Walbro, then Zama, and finally some Tillotson ones. Zama is the primary carb manufacturer used by Stihl and in fact Stihl has a controlling interest in Zama.

Most Husqvarna saws are manufactured in Sweden. All of the XP models are. Just look at the ID plate riveted on the crank case.

Have a nice day. :chainsawguy:

Hey, Plasmech

Definition of the word "troll": someone on the internet who calls someone else a "troll".:monkey:

Better grow a little hide, son. And work on your sense of humor a bit, too. There's a wealth of information available on AS and some of the finest people I've ever met.

But it ain't the Cub Scouts. If you say something dumb, even in complete innocense, you're going to get pounded. Take the pounding, because there's always instruction involved in it, learn from it and go on.

And stick around...it gets better. :cheers:

Last edited:
He he he he this playmouth is funny pros are using
them because they are pro quality. I am amassed
and delighted to see everyone is on the same page
on this. It is like saying all stihls are worthless pos
we do it joking yes but to believe they are is lame:cheers:

Back