ps5100s unreal saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

632chevelle

Reaction score
i just got a new 5100 and my buddy bot a 7300from amicks.great people by the way.I also own husky350,372xp,stihl310 and some old yellow and red "beater units".Im just blown away by the 5100,the way it cuts in hard big wood noprob.low end power is bfeels stouter than the ms 310,plus feel of just quality has me tickled shtless.and his 7300 made my 372xp look like a dog even with anew chain on mine.I have one word of advice for everybody,get a dolmar 5100 whetther ya need it or not ,heck might as well have 2.THEY ARE THE SAW TO HAVE FOR FIREWOOD PERIOD

I really think that if I combined all the "I love my new 5100S" threads, it'd be about the biggest thread onsite.
and for good reason. I love mine. my go to saw.
glad, but not suprised to hear you love yours as well!
-Ralph

congrats. Those of us that have them know how good they are. The one's that don't just like to bad mouth them. Good luck.

BTW, I know a guy that is somewhat close to you if you cannot find a dealer. he is in willard. PM if you want his contact info.

Welcome to ArboristSite

I have been pondering buying a 5100S myself. Most of the owners seem to be blown away by the dolmars. A few had bad luck but most were thrilled. Four Buckeyes here on this thread so far.:cheers: Where are the guys :deadhorse: from Michigan?

Today

A dude was trying to sell me a 372XP today and I told him I'd heard they were dogs. If I wanted to buy a new one I was going to buy a Dolmar. How do you think that 7300 would stack up against a 460 Mag???

ciscoguy01 said:
A dude was trying to sell me a 372XP today and I told him I'd heard they were dogs. If I wanted to buy a new one I was going to buy a Dolmar. How do you think that 7300 would stack up against a 460 Mag???

That 372 will run better than your 044, smoke your 266xp, and almost keep up with the 460. You probably wouldn't like it though because from what you have posted, you like to lean on the saw pretty good. The husky has to have a light touch to keep the R's up in the cut.

-----------------------------------------------------
If that 7300 smoked your 372, I think you need to have it checked out.

A 7900 outcuts a stock 372 in 18" wood just barely. The 7300 I ran, which was almost new, wouldn't come close to a good running 372.
Where the 7900 really shines is in bigger wood. I feel it has the torque of a 066 and the revs and weight of a 372. After running a couple 7900's, I still won't give up my 372. I think the 372 is best fitted with a 20" bar ans the 7900 with a 24", for optimum power and speed, again IMO.

Just woke up from my stupor. WHAT ABOUT THOSE BUCKEYES!!! #1

Cut4fun said:
Just woke up from my stupor. WHAT ABOUT THOSE BUCKEYES!!! #1
Congrats to the Buckeyes. Those are the two best teams in the country that's for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch for all the marbles!

okay i shouldnt have said the 372 is a dog cause it is not.It is areally great saw but that 7300 did outcut it somewhat.I think the 372 is set up a little too rich. I'll have to adjust then try him again.

I have two buddies wanting new Dolmars

After running my 6400, But they want 6400s I want one of them to buy a 5100 so I can run it..is funny how someone can jump from a 36 cc and want to go big or go home. I have a 36 cc for limbing. and the 6400 for felling and bucking, But a 5100 would be just perfect for someone that needs one good saw.
My wife would crap if I came home toting another chainsaw. She might make me sell firewood instead of giving it away like currently doing. Helping buddies.
We are having the farm timbered so I am out there helping several friends get as much free firewood as we can load em up.I want to try to keep the front 15 acres of one particular section of woods cleaned up.(is a pretty frontage woods. Lots of hickory up close to the road).I bought a 500 dollar saw and do not even need firewood.heat with fuel oil and solar.
I might see if the dealer will let me demo that 5100 next time two or three friends are here to cut. Maybe get 1 or 2 sold for the dealer.

Latest posts

Back