Psst.Im hiding..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He shoots...he scores!

I feel the same way about my 800mg Ibuprofen...what an incredible pain reliever. But often times it takes more than the directions caution you to take.

I was attacked by one of them wood faries once. Nasty little guy. I'd not done much work with spikes before, but I bought a pair anyway. Had to use them to cut the upper part of a tree before I felled it, so as to keep it from hitting some power lines.

Anyway, on the way back down, that nasty little fairy decided to pull my left foot out just as I put my weight on it, causing me to slip down a foot or two, catching myself with my arms and my flip line. That wasn't such a big deal, but the fact that I was bare armed and was hugging some poison ivy was what the little oaf was after.

My brother was in town visiting for a few days, so I figured I'd take that time off and gather as much firewood as possible. He seemed to want to play chess and sleep a lot, but I knew that wouldn't be good for his cardiovascular system, so I made him come with me to gather wood.

I let him borrow a saw, and explain that he's free to use it how he likes, just as long as he doesn't touch the chain to any dirt or metal. I'd sooner see him cut his leg off than dull the chain. He understands, and off he goes. (I gave him the Poulan).

He can't get the thing started, so I get it running, and leave him. He comes back. It died on him. I find out after pulling my arm off that it's out of gas. Another walk back to the truck. Finally he's up and running and able to start it by himself. I go back to my tree.

Well, about this time, he starts feeling queasy and tells me he didn't finish, so I finish my tree, buck it and find him sleeping in the cab of the truck (The wood fairy strikes again). I decided not to do anything to him, partly because he's stronger than I am, and partly because I'm still in his will, but visions of doing things with water and ants run through my little head. It's tempting. No doubt the fairy is working with my mind now.

So I load the truck with that tree, and head back to his tree, where he's cut half way through it. He even had a fairly decent notch in it. Not bad for a beginner, except had the tree fallen over on its own, it would have landed on my Poulan where he set it. (Not a great loss, as we all would agree.) I guess the fairy wasn't quite strong enough to push the tree over onto it (or maybe he also knew it wasn't such a great loss).

So I move the Poulan well out of the way (in the escape route, as it turns out) and fell it beautifully.

No other incidents happened that day, but that PI gave me the itch something fierce! (Some of you might remember my previous posts on that). I should have done the daily photo on that. It got really bad there at its peak. I still have some scarring from it. Nasty.

Finally after all these years I understand why and how I can miss the toilet when I have to make a late night/early morning run.Now if I can only convine the misses that "Wood Fairies"are the cause.Maybe if she reads this post she will understand.

GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE LOAD THE STOVE!! YOU KNOW WHY WOMEN SQUAT TO GO . SO WHEN WE MEN GET OLD AND CANT AIM STRAIGHT, WE TOO HAVE TO SQUAT LIKE AN OLE WOMAN ( notice i did not say old!) .... lol they sit on them danged faires!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back