PTO drivin chipper.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a six inch Vermeer that I've been very happy with, but it takes me one truck to pull that and another to pull my 30 hp. tractor with a grapple on it.
I've looked at PTO chippers and everything I've read about them has not been real good. But I've never read that anything about a Bandit pto chipper untill today. Talked to a Bandit Rep and he said they make them only on special order. They only sold one here in Michigan last year; I'm wondering why?
I figure if Bandit makes it though, it has to be a quality unit that I'd probably be happy with.
Can anyone give me some feedback on these please.

Hey we can split it! I have been looking for one for a coupole years now. I want one with the power feed, and only 4". Anything over that I cut for firewood. They are pretty hard to find, especially a used one. The real cheap ones made in china you have to have shipped here, and that adds several hundred bucks. I didnt know Bandit ever made one.

Where you located?

Lot of time with the Farmi CH180

My neighbor has a Farmi with the hydraulic feed. Between his and his family's properties and mine it sees a lot of use. We run it off his Kubota, 35-40 hp range. It will feed and chip just about anything we can get the roller to grab. It's great on hardwood brush but only does so so on pine boughs. It seems to shred them more than chip them, clogging the chute.

In theory a smaller tractor will power it but transporting that much weight that far back on the 3-point hitch calls for a larger tractor with a decent stance. When heading into uneven terrain we like to add ballast in the bucket as a counterweight in the front of the tractor.

Hope this helps

Take Care

Latest posts

Back