Punks finally caught up with me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adkpk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is going to be hard to believe but it is true.

Friday night get home at 6pm to pick up gf to travel to weekender. Car is loaded with all my climbing gear (no saws but my cs tool box), 4 bags. 9pm I go down to the car and find three of the bags missing and the rear fly window smashed in. The gf comes down and I tell her the news and she tells me to call 911. As I am talking to 911 I see a homeless person walking past me with one of my bags. Soooo I ask him, ahhhh what are you doing with my bag? He replies, is this your bag and were there more? Turns out the theives weren't into ropes and the sorts of my bags and left them on a bench in the park down the street. The homeless man, my new friend, takes me to the park where the rest of my bags which he stashed in the bushes are. Not even a carabiner missing. I gave him all the money in my pocket, $60 reward for, not sure but his story was he was going to stash the stuff in his friends place till he found a park employee to turn the stuff into. I took him for his word he seemed sincere. And $60 at the time seemed liked peanuts compared to what it would have cost me to replace all that gear. Hopefully he will use the money to some good, his story was even though he was homeless "like" he was actually off the street and staying with friends and would put the money to a new flash drive to put his resume' on. I do know the people he stays with. And I have already put the gear back to work. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think there is a good chance that you were talking to your thief but either way.........

.........congrats on getting your gear back!

For sure. It's possible it was the police too, (ah that's doubtful). I go in and out of my building with duffle bags of our stuff every weekend and I may have stirred some curiosity as to what was in the bags. But to keep a healthy attitude on my block it's better to assume God stepped in and chucked in the luck hand. I don't have any known enemies.

The police (unusually friendly) took my info and I will get a report today and submit to my insurance to see if I will get some money for the fly window and then all will be good.

I appreciate the comments and send my luck out to the climbing community. Be vigilant people times are getting tough. 10 years parking on that block and this is the first time I was violated in any way. Knock on wood.

For sure. It's possible it was the police too, (ah that's doubtful). I go in and out of my building with duffle bags of our stuff every weekend and I may have stirred some curiosity as to what was in the bags. But to keep a healthy attitude on my block it's better to assume God stepped in and chucked in the luck hand. I don't have any known enemies.

The police (unusually friendly) took my info and I will get a report today and submit to my insurance to see if I will get some money for the fly window and then all will be good.

I appreciate the comments and send my luck out to the climbing community. Be vigilant people times are getting tough. 10 years parking on that block and this is the first time I was violated in any way. Knock on wood.

Wow, that ended better than I thought it would when I started reading.

Good on you for having faith!

Back