pusher fan bandit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250R

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My radiator always clogs with dust. I'm sick and tired stopping every 10 mins to clean. Any one install a pusher fan in their 280?

Put a screen in front of it. Isn't a pusher just gonna get the dust in the radiator just as good? We blow our radiator out maybe every 6 months the screen catches all the bigger stuff shut machine off after job n it all falls right off.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It came with a two dimentional sreen from the factory. That doesn't work either. I then had a flexible screen made and put it over the factory screen. That didn't help either. Still clogs. I'll post a pic later. The 1800xl we have came with a factory pusher fan. Hardly ever clogs the rad. The 1800a we have has a sucker fan and clogs more.

On my chippers I cut a piece of bulk washable furnace filter to cover the radiator behind the grill/guard. I wash it often. Makes a huge difference in keeping the radiator clean. If the filter gets too clogged the engine will overheat. Keep it clean and watch the temp gauge in the hot weather.

You are cleaning the radiator with water and not air right? Makes a huge difference.

Huh. Thats crazey that you have such an issue...used to happen every once in a while back when we had 200 if we didnt occasionally clean them...but every day? Wow.

When we clear lots we would clean it several times a day.

Latest posts

Back