Putting j-red920 crank in 394xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBoyNasty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Jonsered920 crankshaft is compatible w/a Husqvarna 394xp???
Eyeballin it they look the same...I’d hate to crack open a good 920 and find out I missed somethin though!

K thanks, I got the stroke and wristpin measurements dieled out a match as does the clutch side threads and overall width. there’s a huge time gap it surprises me they share so many parts (this 394xp is 1994 & j920 is 1982)

K thanks, I got the stroke and wristpin measurements dieled out a match as does the clutch side threads and overall width. there’s a huge time gap it surprises me they share so many parts (this 394xp is 1994 & j920 is 1982)
Still a lot more stuff to line up correctly......like oil pump drives and flywheel taper and keyway placement......not saying it won't work just saying there is a number of things that have to be the same....have to you run the part numbers to even see if they are the same? Interesting thread so keep us informed....

Hopefully JacobJ sees this. If anyone knows, he'd be the guy. Might try pming him.

I seen a saw college video that dug into the 910-930’s...it’s like the gold standard resource for J-red9xx’s...
There was also an old post that went along w/pics and some of the combinations that are possible ....they all said the “afttermarket 394xp piston is the same as the aftmrkt jred920 piston”. I’m like-huh that’s interesting

I can say for sure that the 394/395 pistons are no where near close to being the same dimensions as the 920/930 pistons.

I think the only two dimensions between a 920/930 crankshaft and a 394 crankshaft that would be in doubt in my mind are
the clutch threads and the flywheel stub shaft taper, along with the position of the flywheel keyway as Cantdog mentioned.

I have a 920 crankcase under my bench so I can do some comparisons.

I wasent sure exactly what that post meant about the aftmrket brand 920piston being the same as the 394xp either...mite have been a typo I doubt there’s even such a piston as an aftmkt 920thin ring 54mm...
I was messing around w the option of a 88cc, 394xp hybird w/the 920p/c. But there’s a clearance problem the cylinder checks hit the flywheel..

Hey there bevel drive ....how you doing??

Hey Robin, things are all good down here, same old same old.
Thankful for the easy winter so far.

Still wondering why I’m putting up more shelving for saws and not getting rid of some instead, at least it’s not more bikes, lol.

Hope all is well up on there on the coast.
We need another southern Maine gtg to tempt you into attendance...

Latest posts

Back