Puzzled - 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What could be the cause of this.

041 using to cut stumps ALAP. Cut two the other day, 1/2 way through another and suddenly started cutting crooked, well actually started not cutting at all due to the jamming. Suspected hit a rock or something (was clear of any dirt when it happened, actually buried in the stump. My eyes aren't all that great anymore but I couldn't spot any damage.

Took chain to service shop and had them check it Said they could see damage on the off side. That I expected. Had them sharp it.

Next trip out, tried to section a round, wouldn't cut at all, tried on a stump, just buzz and no cut at all. Tried bucking - same result.

O.K. Maybe the rakers. Put on bench, sharped it myself (still couldn't see anyything wrong), did the rakers. They only took a small touch-up.

Yesterday back out. Again, try to cut stump ALAP, absolutely nothing, just go in the depth of the teeth when forced and quit. Tried bucking - no problem but has to be forced when the nose gets buried. Fell a good sized tree with it, cutting well horizontally for the falling cuts.

I am stumped. What is going on that it won't cut horizontally near the ground?

Harry K

Dress the bar. There's probably a burr on it somewhere.

Then move this to the chainsaw forum.

Turnkey:

No offense intended, but you should post this question in the chainsaw forum. If for no other reason, you'll get a lot more responses. Oh yeah-also something about AS guidelines.

Knot Whole said:
No offense intended, but you should post this question in the chainsaw forum. If for no other reason, you'll get a lot more responses. Oh yeah-also something about AS guidelines.

Blame it on my old tired brain. I thought I was in the chainsaw forum when I posted.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back