Qestion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveroftrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Do you need to be licensed to trim trees in every state in the US? I have a job in New Hampshire and the customer doesn't believe you have to be a licensed arborist to trim trees. thanks bob

Last edited:
Nothing statewiden VA and NC, cities and counties may require work to be done or at least supervised by a CA. Some cities call for BCMA to assess risk and other consulting.

Other cities continue the nonsense of regulating cosmeticians while ignoring arborists, and letting anyone hack anything. :greenchainsaw:

WOW Time for a dumb question why in CT? CT requires a license to trim but no license to take completely down. Thanks for your responses. I do have a certified arborist on payroll anyway...

I have been tryin to find, in righting if New Hampshire requires a license to trim but I am unable to find anything in the New Hampshire .gov web site. Any suggestions? thanks again for your help...

That's strange, I watched a treeman remove two large Redwoods from over a cabin In Sea Ranch, CA about a year and a half ago. He was 60 and no CA license. Really was something to watch this guy work. He'd been at it a lifetime and was awesome. I can't imagine that job went for less than $5oo. I guees not a lot of folks adhere to the CA law. Especially with Sea Ranch being a wildlife and eco preserve and all.

I always find it comical when the newb CA's or someone who has recently attended an arbormaster class and now knows everything and is the greatest thing since sliced bread turns their nose up at us lowly "hacks" who have been plugging away in this industry for decades. Who do they think paved the way for them? A bunch of hard working "tree guys" that's who. Don't get me wrong education is great. It is needed and the ISA program does nothing but enhance our industry but we all play a vital role. I don't think the snooty folks do a lot for the industry as a whole, if you ask me, but cause discourse and turn off anyone that might learn from them if they would learn some manners.

OK, rant off.

Last edited:
Some cities call for BCMA to assess risk and other consulting.

Other cities continue the nonsense of regulating cosmeticians while ignoring arborists, and letting anyone hack anything. :greenchainsaw:

BCMA to assess risk and other consulting?....that seems the nonsense IMO.

Nothing needed in Ohio, but we are changing that in my town on our UFB right now.

Back