Question about Husqvarna Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just curious why Husqvarna..or anybody else makes different oiler holes?

Tell me why one is better/worse than the other please. Is it the different types of oilers on the saws?

both styles work just fine

fun fact: the older GB bars had the angled small hole but the new ones just have the flat larger hole...

I know my stihl bar has straight holes and they do clog up. I have been thinking of angling them so the crap gets pulled out.

Easy enough to angle grind a straight oiler hole in a bar with a die grinder and a small carbide burr.

Here's one I did on a 30" German Carlton bar.

attachment.php

The angled ones are thought to be better for deliver and to resist clogging, etc.

Both styles work just fine.

:agree2:

Oregon started making the angled holes a while ago, they call the feature "lubri-jet".

Many Husky bars are rebadged Oregons, but far from all.

Last edited:
just curious why Husqvarna..or anybody else makes different oiler holes?

Tell me why one is better/worse than the other please. Is it the different types of oilers on the saws?

I forgot to add that the shape is probably more marketing driven than anything, (although the angled feed looks like it should work better to me) and it's cheaper for the manufacturer to machine a 90* hole than an angled one.

We were only having this discussion on a GB bar thread a week or so back, and the machining fella's here assure us that it is easier/cheaper to drill a 90* hole than machine an angled one with a CNC mill.

We were only having this discussion on a GB bar thread a week or so back, and the machining fella's here assure us that it is easier/cheaper to drill a 90* hole than machine an angled one with a CNC mill.

I used to run CNC and i can testify that it is much easier for 90* hole. I guess i see the idea behind the angled hole but it seems like the larger hole would feed oil better.. IMO

:agree2:

Oregon started making the angled holes a while ago, they call the feature "lubri-jet".

Many Husky bars are rebadged Oregons, but far from all.

That makes sense, i have just gotten an Oregon bar with the same "lubri-jet". The two bars pictured were made diff places.. one in Canada and one in USA.

Latest posts

Back