Question about paying on ebay.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, set up a separate account linked to paypal and use it only for inet dealings.

in the fine print, you agree to a lot pwith paypal, they can access your account and take out money under many situations.

checkout www. paypalsucks and read the fine print of your agreement. all of it.

that said, I have paypal. The only way to do ebay now I think. I recently listed some hydr valves and mc tanks and ebay would not allow seller to accept money order or put it i the ad. pp only. However, you can just ask the seller directly. the valves I sold via company checks.
paypal is roughly 3%, but ebay really sucks. almost 10% between the two.

Definately get a paypal account. I've had one for years and have had no problems. I even prefer to use it for purchasing items from various online stores. I've had my credit card number stolen twice via online ordering, but no problems since using paypal.

Yes, ebay/paypal really sticks it to sellers, especially now that they charge you a percentage on shipping as well as your sale price. If you sell an item through ebay/paypal they'll take a 12% cut. Ticks me off, but it beats trying to sell specialized stuff locally that would take forever through craigslist.

I think you can trust PayPal. You might also message the seller and ask if they will accept a Postal Money Order. The only disadvantage for them is waiting on mailed payment.

Many of the sellers like getting paid by postal money order because paypal doesn't get to collect the fees from them when you pay that way.

+1, set up a separate account linked to paypal and use it only for inet dealings.

in the fine print, you agree to a lot pwith paypal, they can access your account and take out money under many situations.

checkout www. paypalsucks and read the fine print of your agreement. all of it.

that said, I have paypal. The only way to do ebay now I think. I recently listed some hydr valves and mc tanks and ebay would not allow seller to accept money order or put it i the ad. pp only. However, you can just ask the seller directly. the valves I sold via company checks.
paypal is roughly 3%, but ebay really sucks. almost 10% between the two.

You can hook paypal to your checking account but you better not keep a lot of money in that account. Not saying paypal is honest or not but anything can get hacked.

I use paypal to buy and sell on ebay as well as private transactions in forums that have for sale sections like here, it works well and you gotta suck it up and pay the fees. They provide a service and are entitled to make money on it.

The one time I had a dispute was when I bought a gas RC car used from a private seller. Guyy advertised it as "ready to go", which I interpreted as, well..."ready to go". I assumed I would need fuel and batteries for the radio. Got it and it was severely beat up, bent and broken suspension pieces, some parts not even attached (like the motor), no fuel lines, radio but no receiver in the car...it was an extensive list. Contacted the seller and tried to be reasonable about it but it eventually devolved into a pissing match so I filed a paypal claim and worked the process. Got into the same pissing match with the guy and said fine, we're not working it out so I'll send it to paypal arbitration. As soon as I clciked the arbitration button I got an email from paypal saying they decided in the seller's favor...no arbitration took place.

It was over $70 paid for a toy that costs about $125 or so new so it wasn't like I lost a mint on it, but the experience was annoying.

That is a rarity. They usually decide in the buyer's favor.

I was hesitant to link my checking account to pay pal. Why not just link a credit card topay pal. That way you have the pay pal security and the credit card security if something goes wrong.? G

You can do that but they have limits on how much you can withdraw and they charge you for withdrawals if they write you a check.

Latest posts

Back