Question on ignition module

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullCry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 65-66 Power Products AH 47 Point type ignition. I was told I could convert it to electronic module type. I went to some websites and found a couple but first of all they say only for flywheels with only one magnet in them. My saw has two magnets but they are right together with 1/4 inch space between them. What is this considered? I'm a auto tech. Next will an Omega electronic ignition kit (universal) work on this saw or a Banta website Nova 2 transistor module work? If not can anyone tell me what will work and where I can buy it besides looking on e-bay? Thanks, FullCry I have put quite a few on old Briggs lawn mowers and go cart motors etc but never on a chain saw so

I have used many Atom, Mega-Fire, and Oregon branded modules, a few others but I do not remember the names. Any saw shop can order a version of a module. I am not familiar with the brands you have listed. I would suggest that you try one of the site sponsors as they should be able to get you one easily.

Back