Question on JONSEREDS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a chance at a mint model 670@ 450.00$ ---also been looking at the newer model 2165. Do any of you have opinions on one being better than the other or any personal experience that can help me make a good decision.
Thanks

Ron

My opinion is the 670 is high on the price. The 2165 is newer, better vibration control and the same power output. A used 2165 typically sells between $200 - $300.

I have had a 670 since 96or97 it is a outstanding saw I bought a 2165 about a month ago. I love them both. I have done some slight porting on my 670. The 670 is fast I have not done a side by side comparison. It wouldn't be apples to apples. If you can swing it get both. If the 670 is really nice Like new maybe the price is good need pictures . good luck

I agree. I wouldn't spend more than $250 on a nice 670. If I was a collector and I needed that saw, than $450 would be a price I would pay. Depends on what you want it for.

Yep. That price is way high. Not sure of current prices, but you could buy a brand new 2165 for close to $500.

I had both models for about a yr and I like them both. They were similar in weight and power. I ended up keeping the 2165 and trading the 670 for a 365 xtorq. I like the inboard clutch, the antivibe, and the filtration system better on the 2165.

I agree, the price on the 670 is way high, I wouldn't even try to get that for a used 670 as a dealer. 2165 is a much better handling saw, but why not go for the 2171, same chassis, more horsepower, quicker revs and no weight penalty.

Thanks for all the help,I knew I could get some help and here is my preferred place to look for it. A friend/aquaintance had this 670 come in to his shop and it was super clean, looked like new, and offered to sell it to me. He also has a 2165 that needs a new p/c that he will fix up for me. So, I just needed to choose between the two models.

Ron

I had a 670 great saw but someone made me a offer I could not refuse . I have a 2165 and like it better than the 670 . Just nicer anti-vibe and a over all smoother saw . It would be harder to give up the 2165 than it was the 670 . It might not be but the 2165 feels lighter to me and better balanced .

Hey,thanks for all the comments and help.There was someone else very interested in the 670,so I told him I would just wait and see what the 2165 turned out to be.My friend said he got the 2165 bought "right" and that SHOULD mean a better price for me.I havent seen the 2165 yet so hopefully its not all beat up.Time will tell!

Your comments and experience were exactly what I was needing/wanting to know. GREAT FORUM!

Ron

Sold my 670 Champ for $375.

attachment.php

Miss it a little though!

View attachment 228465

Back