Questions about husqvarna 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poulan_man85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for someone who has a bit of knowledge on the husqvarna 562xp to possibly give some advice on a few on a few issues, i recently acquired a 562xp from a shop that i buy parts saws from, its been sitting around for years and i have no history on the saw other than i am pretty certain it was a warranty saw becuase the nameplate was taken off for some reason, they are a husky dealer and my guess is they would remove this for a warranty claim? It had some parts removed, (air filter, clutch cover, some minor screws,)
either way i got the saw home and it fired right up,i dont think it has many hours on it at all, the original paint was very clean on muffler, it appears it has a faint line at the back of the cylinder on the intake side but thats all, more like a stain than anything else, i am wonder if i should just tear the saw down and replace the piston or just run it, not sure what model year had these issues, i have been researching this saw but there is soo much info that is all over the place and of course everyone has a different opinion. i believe its a 2012 model, based on the tag on top cover, maybe newer, it has the el44b carb on it and i believe is a 6 bolt case, i am looking for some guidance with this saw as i would like to keep it and use it for firewood, it fires right up and seems to rev pretty good, although it does seems to smoke a bit more at 40:1 than my other saws, i have not put this saw in any wood yet just fired up and revved in my shop, i have other questions but this is a where i need to start, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

All i got out of reading that twice is...
-You bought from Dealer.
-It has no serial tag.
-It has a mark in the cyl, but it's a stain.
-It runs.
-You haven't cut wood yet.
-You have many more questions

Maybe I'm dyslexic or blind.. But ahhh.. What's the question?

I'd be asking why the serial tag is "ripped off".. no pun intended... Not sure why that would be benificial measure for anything but a stolen saw. It's not like warranties are transferable.. at least not last time i checked.. The serial provides dealers a means of tracking correct parts for model year differences, superceeded parts etc. I can't see any benifit to removing one from a dealers prespective.. in fact, I'm surprised they sold one without.. but that's just my experience around here, everyone gets pretty anal with unknown stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It was in a pile of saws i bought that were all primarily parts saws, it was held onto as a parts saw , parts were missing from it, i believe it was brought in years ago and possibly replaced with a new saw for whatever reason, i dont know, i do know I have owned plenty of homelites that had the crankcases replaced and were not marked with a serial number, primarily sxl925 models and just has a blank textron tag on them, either way my main concern is the mark or stain of the back of the cylinder, its not cut into the cylinder wall but more like a stain, trying to find someone who had some knowledge on these saws who could help me out, i also have other questions

Some paranoid dealers will remove the i.d./serial tags on saws or crankcases sold as "parts". Can't have those serial numbers getting out to the public and all that nonsense.

Vacuum check your case for leaks. Block exhaust, can be done with muffler and gasket material, duct tape also works. Remove 4 bolts that holds intake boot plate on, block with gasket or tape reinstall plate and test. May need to plug compression release, some hold fine. New ring and see if dealer will reflash if not running well. Clutch bearing problems on some early saws. El44 replaced by el46, then el48 and now 55a.

I'd be asking why the serial tag is "ripped off".. no pun intended... Not sure why that would be benificial measure for anything but a stolen saw.
Thats what dealers do typically when replacing a case half, stihl dealers will scratch out the old serial and stamp it in the new case. Not uncommon at all, and i guess id take the OPs word for it, that it came from a dealer that way, rather than be a dink and not provide anything useful.

Vacuum check your case for leaks. Block exhaust, can be done with muffler and gasket material, duct tape also works. Remove 4 bolts that holds intake boot plate on, block with gasket or tape reinstall plate and test. May need to plug compression release, some hold fine. New ring and see if dealer will reflash if not running well. Clutch bearing problems on some early saws. El44 replaced by el46, then el48 and now 55a.
Thank you for the helpful insight, just curious as to why you said new ring though?

Thats what dealers do typically when replacing a case half, stihl dealers will scratch out the old serial and stamp it in the new case. Not uncommon at all, and i guess id take the OPs word for it, that it came from a dealer that way, rather than be a dink and not provide anything useful.
Oh **** off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just wanted to update this thread, found out that the autotune had been unplugged when i investigated a little more, now the saw is running perfectly, still bought a new meteor piston to replace the original as i believe its 2013 saw, performed muffler mod and cant believe how well this saw cuts, i can understand why people like these soo much, very snappy and plenty of power, this one is defintely staying with my fleet. 20190324_143843.jpg 20190324_143910.jpg

I have bought hundreds of saws from this dealer, believe me, none look like this, they had some huskies that were sitting around for some time they usually hold onto to stuff like this for parts scavenging, i threw an offer on a few saws and they accepted, most of the time its junk lol

I just wanted to update this thread, found out that the autotune had been unplugged when i investigated a little more, now the saw is running perfectly, still bought a new meteor piston to replace the original as i believe its 2013 saw, performed muffler mod and cant believe how well this saw cuts, i can understand why people like these soo much, very snappy and plenty of power, this one is defintely staying with my fleet. View attachment 725376 View attachment 725377
Very nice. Might want to cut an opening in top cover to let heat out to prevent hot starting problems .

Latest posts

Back