Quick attach snow plow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone using a hydro snow plow on their tractor? I'm considering a snow plow that is quick attach for the front of my Kubota 3600. Curious as to opinions of what people think of them. I'm a bit nervous as to the wear they may cause on the loader arms.

We run one on an old bobcat 753. 8’ with wings. I can definitely say that pushing snow is way easier on the machine than digging. As long as the plow isn’t heavier than the lift capacity of your machine I don’t see a problem. Snow plows have trip springs you set for the weight of the machine. That should take most of the shock out of plowing.

I had one on a JD 4310 "32 hp". It didn't perform well. The plow is so far out in front of the machine that it pushes the front of the tractor around. A push box is much better for this size tractor. Straight push is no problem and you can push up big piles with the box, get one with the plate on top to back drag away from garage doors.

You can always add weights to the front end to help keep it from pushing you around. Unless you get a lot of snow or have a huge area to plow I’d just use the loader bucket. It takes a bit longer but you already own it. A plow is just another attachment that takes up space most of the year.
You get a bit of snow up there so it could be worth it

I have a 8' pickup plow I converted to QA for a 45 hp tractor. Works great and is much faster than a standard dirt bucket. I haven't had many issues with the front of the machine pushing sideways. Last storm was approx. 14", all done at once. I am considering buying or making plow ends to turn it into a "pusher box" of sorts if need be. I also have a 48" snowcaster that goes on the front of a garden tractor that works well.

Latest posts

Back