Quick Stihl question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Racer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody know if i can put a 026 piston/cylinder assembly on a 024 saw, i have a spare 026 p/c and my friends wants me to fix his 024 with out a big bill so i was hoping to mutate the two, wanted to know b4 playing....thanks for any input

Seems to me my local guy did just this trick on an 024. Something about how old the 024 is? maybe a different size wrist pin (smaller) in the older ones, but it will work on the newer ones?

PWB said:
Seems to me my local guy did just this trick on an 024. Something about how old the 024 is? maybe a different size wrist pin (smaller) in the older ones, but it will work on the newer ones?

I don't know, but in the thread I posted a link to above, they talk about the stroke being different.

Jeff

I believe the 024 SUPER is the one you can convert to an 026, but the regular 024 you cant because of the stroke or something like that. I cant really remember what it is right off, ask Dean, I think he knows the answer to this one.

you can put an 026 cyl on an 024 block, as long as its one of the Super models.

according to the Stihl parts manuals, the 026 and the 024S, SW and SWVH have the same cranks. these have a 32mm stroke

the 024 and 024WB use a diffrent crank and wont work. these have a 30mm stroke.

Back