Ramblings on a rainy PNW day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Friday. We finished our unit and the boss want's us to drag our feet for one more day on it. It's going to be raining, windy and miserable. So guess what the boss wants us to do? Have a damn bbq out on the sight. It's a waste of time, the food is cheap and I have better things to be doing. Like starting our new unit. :givebeer:

So "they" say:
Today: Snow showers. High near 39. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 23 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

It's a homebuilt set up, actually not running yet. I've got a few things left to finish, it's real simple overall, 16hp V-Twin. I've got plenty of logs waiting once it's done. lol

Mr. HE:cool:
Any chance there may be a build thread on it, or some pictures somewhere?
Thanks

Any chance there may be a build thread on it, or some pictures somewhere?
Thanks

I might put something up when it's done in the milling forum. I don't have a lot of pictures of it yet because I've been putting it together by the piece for about six months now. Getting pretty close and that makes me happy.

Well i am eating my words now. the snow is coming down harder than it has all winter...

If you get thirsty you can eat the snow too. Just make sure someone didn't yellow it first. lol

I was up in the snow on Wednesday. All we're getting here in the valley is hail and sleet and wind and sun, all jumbled up.

I'm really glad I got those leaning hung up trees down yesterday. The ground is so wet and the wind we have today would have tipped them right into the power lines for sure. They started to tip over with an east wind a couple weeks ago, pulling up roots out of soggy ground, they had a bit of root rot from wet feet. This left them hung up on their SW sides. This strong wind is out of the SW and would have just swung and pushed them over right onto the lines on the north side.

Winds gusting to around 45 here, sustained around 15. I stayed in and rebuilt relaskops and spencer tapes for the seasonal employees who will be arriving soon. A well-adjusted relaskop is a joy to use. The older ones are way better than the newer ones -- much closer tolerances and wider adjustment bands. Oh, and the new ones have the crappy plastic windows that always pop out. Got caught up on GIS work as well. Mneh. It's beer-thirty SOMEWHERE.

More wind here today.

I'd be working in the shop and I'd hear a thud from a branch and then screeching as the branch would slide across the roof.

Inside now and I'm watching branches blowing across the yard. They are breaking off about 60' up and then being carried 120-200' on the wind. This little gale is breaking off stuff that was fine with the last wind storm. My yard looks like a wreck now, several branches blocking my cars and trucks in the driveway. Sadly nothing big enough to require a chainsaw yet. LOL

We had wind yesterday.

I'm stuck in a class for 2 more days. It is so interesting I found myself starting to nod off this morning. One down, two to go. I'll maybe take some coffee tomorrow. We're sitting in the back row, but there aren't enough people for anonymous dozing.

Mmmm.... Rolling Rock. I have no idea when I start my Forest Law 1/2 classes. But my boss has me lined up to take them. That's about the only classes I remember him telling me about. So naturally there's more to come. 13th we're taking our refresher, pack test and doing our hearing tests. Joy. :cheers::givebeer:

Last edited:
Cool here, off and on heavy rain with hail. If it keeps up I won't have to pressure wash the house siding and clean the windows on the west side of the house.:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back