Ramming a Stihl pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So...the parish finishes the job of cutting the suckers from this oak and the guy was using a Stihl pole saw. When finished and out of the bucket, he opens the rear end door of the side chest and slides the pole saw in......or attempts to. It doesn't go in all the way so he pulls it out a bit and BAM ..TRIES TO JAM IT IN..hitting the saw end hard...he does this repeatedly like 4 times. I'm like wth!!! Then I remember,, he's a parish worker that doesn't own the equipment and doesn't give a rats ass about it....wish I would have gotten video on it..image.jpeg

" That pole saw will work ya"

Dan Nelson circa: anno domini 1990

" And HOW!"

Dr. Paul Proteus circa: right ****in now!

Over here they call them council workers , don't give a damn attitude , very liitle between the ears . Usually one sort of working and four watching . No wonder taxes are so high .

These guys morph from torturing insects, to abusing Stihl products, to occaisionally becoming serial killers.
Happens all the time, but usually goes unnoticed till it's too late.

It is weird to go on arboristsite and see a large bright yellow back side and recognize that large yellow backside. Don't personally know any of those guys, but I see em all the time working around Jefferson. Honestly though, cones are out and you'd have a full ppe set if you put em all together, much better than a lot of the operations I see on a day to day basis around here.

It's a pretty common problem in most larger operations (muni's or large companies). Just ask Jeff how his guys treat their hitch pins.

And it's not just this industry. Try looking at the larger mills or mines. Friend used to work at a mine, and the saying was 'your lunch box better pay for itself on a daily basis". In other words, it better take out more at night that it brought in in the morning.

Back