Ramsplitter 26 ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman0490

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone out there has one of these models, the 26 ton from ramsplitter horizon/vertical.

I have been using a cub cadet splitter for years, I sold it and am looking for one with a faster cycle time. Their info says 8 second cycle time, with a 270 honda. The price is about 700-800 less than the iron and oak 20 ton splitter with 8 sec cycle time.

I hadn't heard of this company before the other day, it sounds good, looking for any info from you guys.

Thanks

Not the 26, we have the 16-ton horizontal Ramsplitter. Haven't timed the stroke speed but it ain't too shabby.

These splitters are professionally constructed and hold up well. Got ours 3 years ago, have run over 12 cord through it. It still runs like new. Hope it helps. :)

I haven't used the 26, but I've used one of their electric models I borrowed before I bought my own gas splitter. Had I not found such a good deal on my current splitter, I'd definitely buy a Ramsplitter and might even consider one of the electric models from them, given the 2-3 cords I split each year. They're made just 10 miles from where I live and I've gone by to see their process. The quality is excellent. Much better than a box store brand!

http://www.ramsplitter.com/about-us.html

Good to know, maybe this 26 ton is a newer model because I haven't read anywhere where someone owns one yet. Good to know about the quality.

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone out there has one of these models, the 26 ton from ramsplitter horizon/vertical.

I have been using a cub cadet splitter for years, I sold it and am looking for one with a faster cycle time. Their info says 8 second cycle time, with a 270 honda. The price is about 700-800 less than the iron and oak 20 ton splitter with 8 sec cycle time.

I hadn't heard of this company before the other day, it sounds good, looking for any info from you guys.

Thanks
Yes I have a 20 ton three point I don't use the stand up I use it layed down the only thing I wish it had the pusher on the ram and the splitter out on the end there 20 ton does a good job to Regular splitter I also have one of them to

Hey all,

Thanks
All my splitters came from Ram Splitter Rockford ILLinois I have a 30 ton my friend built but the other 3 are 20 tons I split all kinds of wood never have be disappointed I am splitting 4.5 foot gum now the lower part of the trucnk was over 5 feet if you have never split Gum a new problemI haven't used the 30 ton for a year I guess dont need it because its slow. My 20 tons are faster than I am. One of my 20 is electric with a 5 hp electric motor and 3 stage pump my other 20 is three point on my tractor with a Princes power take off 28 gpm I like my electric it in my shop where I have A/C and Heat

I haven't used the 26, but I've used one of their electric models I borrowed before I bought my own gas splitter. Had I not found such a good deal on my current splitter, I'd definitely buy a Ramsplitter and might even consider one of the electric models from them, given the 2-3 cords I split each year. They're made just 10 miles from where I live and I've gone by to see their process. The quality is excellent. Much better than a box store brand!

http://www.ramsplitter.com/about-us.html
What I like about Ram Splitter Doug is there for you

Back