Ran an MS 192T today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey P

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you guys......this will allow Stihl to take over the top handled arborist saw market.

Let me start by saying it is in no way a smaller MS200T. The MS 200T will walk all over it anyday powerwise. But this saw is 1.7HP and only weighs 6.6 lbs. The saw is smooth running and cutting.

Engine, muffler and carb placement are all similar to the MS200T.

The best thing......MSRP $269.95 (prices may differ depending on location and bar and chain length/type), and you can choose between the .043 guage Stihl Picco Narrow chain, or regular .050 guage Stihl Picco chain.

Will be available very soon...look for them at your dealers guys.

To the tech guys on the site (like me). If you haven't seen it and you think that it is going to be a b&*^h to work on like the MS 191T, its not. Much easier to work on than that....wait till you see it.

Saw one at the factory and liked the way it felt. Lite weight and nice handle design. Price looks very appealing also, just wonder if it will have the durability of the 020t / ms 200. I am sure once they hit the market there will be plenty of folks buying them and the comments will begin. ;)

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the info. as my dealer does not go to the plant untill sometime in April I believe, he has already given me some real good info but should be loaded with info when he gets back.

My old dad always told us to buy the best and forget the rest !

That comment he applied to all tools in general wether manual, electrical or gas.

Back