Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LAH, it looks like someone will be busy for a while, just a few reloading supplies huh. :)

I love the smell of gunpowder all day......:rock:

HPIM0383.jpg
:jawdrop: Really nice.

leaner

this was a maple at my parents place. its about 20 ft into the woods and was about 60-70 ft high - 16-18" dbh and dead since last year.

i had my brother to watch the tree - and my back and a brand new j'red 2150 to do the work. the leaner had settled into the neighboring maple tree and was not coming out without help from my truck.

we always use ppe and although i know its a dangerous situation, we had an escape route worked out and took as many precautions as we could.

i couldn't get a full picture of the tree top to bottom because of the dense brush around the tree - i couldn't get far enough from the tree to fit it in the screen of the camera. but i did the best i could.

the one picture shows how tangled up in the other tree this was - its completely off of the ground and just would not come out. a little more pulling with the truck did the trick.
hope you enjoy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

do-over

i've met a lot of people from different areas of the country who think all of NJ looks like what they saw on the sopranos or what they saw when they flew into newark. i just wanted to show some people that not all of nj is city or suburbs. these are just some pictures i took from my phone and they are just run of the mill ordinary woods - nothng special. for those who don't know there are some really beautiful places in NJ.

the first two pictures are from a fire in the town next door to where i work. they lost a horse barn.

the rest are from a wood removal job i'm doing for a 90+ year old woman. according to her, she hired a professional tree company to take down 1 oak - she says they quoted her $600. they dropped some of it onto a shed roof, left all of it behind and didn't clean up. then they charged her $2,000. my brother and i are doing the charity work. we're removing the cut up oak. the wood still looks like it good - minus the little bit of rot around the outside edge. we're also knocking down a few standing dead trees. not much money but she's a nice lady.

after this post i realized that i had too many pictures attached. thats why there are no pictures shown - here they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

some more

some others.
the last two are of a black bear that was making the rounds where i work. the pictures are terrible but outside of a zoo thats the closest ive ever come to a bear. i had to stop traffic so that it could cross the street.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

red x?

the pictures are showing up on my screen - i even logged out and was able to view them all as a guest. the pix are from my camera and i sized them to fit. i know why they didnt post the first time - i attached 9 pix and i just figured out today that you can only post 8. i have no idea why you guys are getting the red x today but i followed the instructions to a T.

2 more

here are 2 of my son
let me know if you still get the x

this is from a recent flight to tampa - the pilot was great - he let my kid play with the yolk for a while and my son couldn't be happier.

attachment.php

this is at the fla state fairgrounds in tampa. that is a bomb squad robot that my son is riding.

attachment.php

something is not right

well - i'm lost!
all the pix i posted except the group with the bear are gone. i don't even get red x's. they are just gone. i am following the posting instructions step by step and they were there for a while. i'm using firefox - is it possible that i have to use ie to post? i just don't get it.

picasa?

or maybe it's the photo editing software i'm using. i'm using picasa3 - anybody else using that? anybody have a recommendation for editing software?

Back