Rayco vs TW-5 splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsfirewood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or ideas about the Rayco LS2526 splitter vs the Timberwolf TW-5 splitter. I am looking at both and the Rayco so far looks like more splitter for less $. Thanks HV

Wasn't aware that Rayco even made splitters. I have a TW-5 and love it. I'd go with a company with proven track record even it meant a little more money. You get what you pay for.

Rayco is made 20 minutes from here. They are a quality outfit top to bottom. Would you mind sharing the Rayco price you were quoted? Been curious myself

Not to change the topic, but I have a TW 7 for sale that has very, very, limited use. It's just not ideal for my packaged firewood business, but its the cadillac of splitters for residential, or bbq wood. I have the box blade, single, and six way wedge, log lift, etc. Great machine. I've used a LOT of splitters. No claims are made by timberwolf that aren't true, they truly make a great machine. Get a local dealer to get u the dvd if you don't have it.

I got it about 2 months ago, I'd have to see what I paid for it to see what I'd want. If you are intersted I can take pics. It is an awesome machine. I'd even meet someone with it somewhere if distance is an issue. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I bought it with the intention of using in my bundle wood operation, I thought the box wedge would be just the ticket, but I still have to resplit. If I have to resplit anyway, it does me no good. Building a smaller "box" wedge resulted in TONS of waste... Anyway this is an awesome machine, but just not in my application. I had bought the other wedges, and added hydraulics as well. Machine may have 10 hours.

Anyone use a Built Rite? They look to be right up there with TW. The 11hpws looks like a good comparison to the TW5. They both are $$ but when you add up all the parts and time to put one together, it probably worth it.

Bottle,

How big are the pieces that the box wedge produces? You said you needed to resplit them? I've been looking at the TW-7 for producing firewood for inserts and woodstoves. Thanks

I demo'd a number of production splitters for a country club a few years ago and found the Faver to be the best.

Cannot find an IMG file on the web for it.

To answer your questions, I will measure what the tw7 does tomorrow, I would guess about 4"x4", but not positive. We aim for 8-12 pieces of wood in a 3/4 cubic foot bundles of 18" wood, so it's a little big for me.

I used to own a built-rite splitter. It had an awesome kubota diesel motor on it. I will not knock them, but their splitter didn't work out to be what they advertised. They made everything right with me and have good customer service.

Having owned many machines, I will tell you that from MANY cords of experience, if speed is your thing a super-splitter is the ticket. If ease is your thing I would buy a timberwolf, and I've not needed customer service from them...

Last edited:
I ve had a tw5 for 3 years w all accessories. The log lift picks up 5 or 6 hundred pounds the grate is great for respits and not to constantly move wood out of the way. The wedge moves up and down on a piston. The 6 way wedge is great although it makes a lot of skinny sticks and maybe stock 4 piece split is good enough. Never had a prob but you have to adjust the auto return periodically. Have already paid for machine in wood sales not to mention I ve got a wood addon furnace to ductwork that gives me free heat. Couldn t be any happier w it. Can t imagine not having loglift now or multiple split. Rayco looks similar but never seen anyone w one.

Latest posts

Back