Read The _______ Manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Felled a tree onto about 4" of nice powder on top of a thick bed of packed snow, limbed it up, took a break, MS-360 no starty again.

Hmmm, maybe I should've flipped that pre-heater thingy after all? I didn't think it was *quite* cold enough.

Bring saw inside, get coffee, start lunch, download manual.

Huh, set the built in pre-heater to winter mode at +10ºC (50ºF). Dang. I had never even considered it till it gets really cold like today.

Next paragraph, "It's advisable to fit the pre-heating kit in temperatures below -10ºC or powder snow."

Fire up the calculator, -10ºC = 14ºF. Look at thermometer...14ºF. Damn German Engineers and their precision. Figures the first day I ever used this saw on conditions that met something in the manual...precisely what they said would happen did :D

Guess I'll let it defrost and go out again later with the built-in preheater set to winter position. For the relatively little I cut in a day, I don't think the full kit will be needed.

I have never used the winter setting. I have cut a little in 0 degree weather. I guess if 50 is cold enough, my saws should be set for winter all the time.

I did read the manual, but I haven't thought about it since, lol!

Back