Real nice new to me 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was right up the street from me, had been watching it for a while, was tempted, very tempted.
It was being relisted for weeks, I was quite surprised it didn't go quicker.
Glad it found a good home to someone who appreciates it.

A couple years ago I picked up a really clean metal tag 12mm with the case and all original paperwork/accessories, I don't think it had had a full tank through it.

cl 044.jpg

It was just too nice to actually use and I already have a similar one so traded it off on a deal I couldn't refuse.
He sold it off on ebay and got a grand for it...

N
Was right up the street from me, had been watching it for a while, was tempted, very tempted.

A couple years ago I picked up a really clean metal tag 12mm with the case and all original paperwork/accessories, I don't think it had had a full tank through it.

View attachment 499935

It was just too nice to actually use and I already have a similar one so traded it off on a deal I couldn't refuse.
yeah this one is replacing my 440. Not surprised that saw went for 1000

Yeah, 20" with safety chain. I'm gonna swap the 25" with rsc onto this one and my cousin can put this bar on the 440.
I'm not gonna lie and say I paid $50 for it. I paid $400, high for me but the saw is hardly broken in. Also I sold the 440 to my cousin for $400 so it's a wash. The case, manual, and tool kit are cool to have. Appears this saw is a '95

Around here $400.00 would be a very good price. Folks frequently want $300.00 for a BTH MS 290.

The 044 ms440 are very good saws with perfect balance with a 20inch bar in my book anyway. Just gave my 440 up because of old age and tennis elbow. My best saw of all time. You did good!

Yeah, 20" with safety chain. I'm gonna swap the 25" with rsc onto this one and my cousin can put this bar on the 440.
I'm not gonna lie and say I paid $50 for it. I paid $400, high for me but the saw is hardly broken in. Also I sold the 440 to my cousin for $400 so it's a wash. The case, manual, and tool kit are cool to have. Appears this saw is a '95

well, you can figure the case is worth used $50.00 in a heartbeat... so saw is $350.00! :) not bad for a cream puff!... ;)

View attachment 499935

>He sold it off on ebay and got a grand for it...

just goes to show... vintage tin - cream puff - full showroom condition stuff... priceless! and the ebay buyer prob very happy with the deal! often times the only thing keeping one from getting the deal... is the $! are you willing to pay the price. no free lunches, but usually get what u pay for!! ;)

cream puff works for me every time!! :yes:

:popcorn2:

Farm boss saws seem to be immune to real value. They command a good price beat or not. 75% of the time I see 026/260 saws cheaper than 029/290 saws. When I find them cheap I always grab them.

On the local CL I see two fairly common saws listed with prices very close to new prices, MS 290 (250-300) & 455 Rancher (300-350). The only really decent Stihl deals I see locally are the occasional MS 250 that "ran when I stored it a few years ago" for around 100.00.

On the local CL I see two fairly common saws listed with prices very close to new prices, MS 290 (250-300) & 455 Rancher (300-350). The only really decent Stihl deals I see locally are the occasional MS 250 that "ran when I stored it a few years ago" for around 100.00.
I actually prefer the ms250/025 over the 290.

Latest posts

Back