REALLY high hopes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just e-mailed this guy and asked him if he was breathing pure air...... ok, I wasn't exactly that nice about it! I'll probably get yelled at by the P/C police (politically correct) but who cares.

thats the cleanest old saw ive seen .
are yall sure its not rare an mabe worth that much. i know nothing of vintage saws and the market for them.

Tony,

There are a TON of those saws around. Sears sold them for years. If you do a search on ebay you will probably find 10. They generally seel for less than the shipping charge. The last two I bought were about $2-$3 each.

Bill

I just sent him a freindly email. My main point was that he may want to pull the auction or lower the price to save some of the listing fees. I do not know if he will respond.

Bill

I haven't heard back yet. There are three types of seller:

The kind who thank you for correctring them.
The ones who say "I'm going to take this saw and cut your $%#^&#*(@& of with it".
And the ones who never respond.

Zero feedback...what does that say? Is the guy ignorant, or maybe hoping to snag somebody that <b>IS</b>? There are more than a few out there who believe that if they can fool somebody into paying too much for something, well, good for them; too bad for the fool that was so easily parted with his lucre.

Oh, well. Caveat emptor, I guess.

Wow, you aren't kiddin, "high" hopes. Sears must have sold about a million of those David Bradley 360's. I'll admit that it's really clean and looks to have almost no use, but $1000? Maybe if it was in it's original box, never opened with all the original paperwork.

I emailed him but he never responded.

Here is another complete idiot. Not only does he not have a clue of what he is selling but he is so stupid he lies about the shipping. He claims it will cost $90 to ship it and $10 for insurance. That saw will ship fully insured for about $20-$25 and UPS will pick it up at your door. I bought a MOno saw like this one from a guy once. It was supposed to be in good condition just needing a cleaning. What is was was a locked-up piece of junk.

Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2540282830&category=12

Bill

i had a fellow come to my shop with a similar saw but not as clean. he wanted to trade me dead even for a brand new 044 stihl. he told me that old saw would out cut the 044 any time. i asked him if that was the case why would he want to trade it in and not use it himself, he got pi$$ed, left and has not talked to me since. oh-well.
i think the most i ever spent on an antique was $20.00 in running condition. here are some here:

I like the guy with the Mono saw shipping charges. We've stuff to every state in the US and probably a dozens countries around the world. I went to UPS.com and punched in all the neceesary info. for 27 lbs. from Utah to NY and Ground shipping was $30.74 or $82.46 for 3-Day Select. I see more and more people trying to make money off of their shipping. I'm through.
Grateful
<br>
Quote: <i>"Note I took this unit down to UNITED PARCEL SERVICE QUOTED ME $100.00 to ship this to New York and if it cost less I will refind the balance via a Money order included with the Saw. This freight includes Insurance and is not part of the selling price."</i>

I just love it when you look at a great item with a nice low starting price, no bids and almost the end of the auction. Your just about to bid then you notice the $50 shipping in the lower 48 note for a 15 pound saw! UUUGGGHHHH!!

Back