Really? It's too hot out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I used to clock my firewood sales from year to year - how many cords, how many bundles, how much I made, etc.

It was never much - less than 8 cords a year, and 200-300 bundles.

Selling cordwood has dropped off since the city came down on me for that, so I no longer advertise. Friends still call me occasionally, so I sell a couple cords.

But the bundles have really taken off this year! I sell to 1 hardware store and 1 gas station, and I guess this Covid business has been good for the backyard firewood business, for sales are STILL going on.

It was 90 degrees yesterday, and I just got a call that the gas station is out of wood. Sheesh! What are people doing - cranking the A/C and then telling the kids they're going camping in the living room?!?

I wish I had kept clocking the sales - I bet I'm well over 400 bundles now. And it's great ever since I built my bundler (THREAD HERE)
I can do a bundle in about 40 seconds.

But I'm not complaining. The extra money is great, and its all cash. Yay!

I used to clock my firewood sales from year to year - how many cords, how many bundles, how much I made, etc.

It was never much - less than 8 cords a year, and 200-300 bundles.

Selling cordwood has dropped off since the city came down on me for that, so I no longer advertise. Friends still call me occasionally, so I sell a couple cords.

But the bundles have really taken off this year! I sell to 1 hardware store and 1 gas station, and I guess this Covid business has been good for the backyard firewood business, for sales are STILL going on.

It was 90 degrees yesterday, and I just got a call that the gas station is out of wood. Sheesh! What are people doing - cranking the A/C and then telling the kids they're going camping in the living room?!?

I wish I had kept clocking the sales - I bet I'm well over 400 bundles now. And it's great ever since I built my bundler (THREAD HERE)
I can do a bundle in about 40 seconds.

But I'm not complaining. The extra money is great, and its all cash. Yay!
All outside gathering round the Chiminea or sum ****.

I've been selling at least a truckload of wood every week to people who have campfires. A lot of them tell me they'll be back in a month for more. A lot of them also have told me there isnt anything else to do because of covid so why not make a fire. This is my first year selling wood. :)

i've also had increase of bagged campfire wood! We also had a decent run in the spring of people actually getting wood done early rather than waiting till fall, (most people here seem to get it as it gets cold then complain the wood is not dry).
i'm not sure what's going on in the paper mill market but getting firewood logs is hard this year, the mill is chipping and taking everything they can get.

I cut 4 oak and a few Maple at fish camp this weekend it was 85 f. at the end of the clean up and it was only 9:00 am . The boat launch area is cleared so it was a quick dip in the lake to cool off . The Cummins diesel was full of 8 ' length fire wood logs heading to town. for bucking later this summer lol. ;)

I cut 4 oak and a few Maple at fish camp this weekend it was 85 f. at the end of the clean up and it was only 9:00 am . The boat launch area is cleared so it was a quick dip in the lake to cool off . The Cummins diesel was full of 8 ' length fire wood logs heading to town. for bucking later this summer lol. ;)
You ain't that far north if you have Oak and Maple ;)
i'd give.... well... somethin...for a couple semi loads of hardwood!

Our firewood sales have been through the roof since the Covid BS started. Normally its pretty slow this time of year but we are having a hard time keeping up with all the orders. We are starting to buy split wood wholesale from some suppliers because I know at this rate we will be sold out before we get in to the fall heating season.

Back