Really old Homelite saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoutillac

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My old man just gave me a homelite saw, it is pretty old I suspect it is mid 50's vintage. This saw needs some work to run, but I think it would be kinda cool to bring it back to running condition. Anyone here mess with old saws or have knowledge of them? I will get the model # tomorrow.

My old man just gave me a homelite saw, it is pretty old I suspect it is mid 50's vintage. This saw needs some work to run, but I think it would be kinda cool to bring it back to running condition. Anyone here mess with old saws or have knowledge of them? I will get the model # tomorrow.

Congratulations on a great saw and welcome to AS. There's many many members around here who mess with all types of older saws. You'll have plenty of company. Look forward to seeing pics of your new saw.

Dan

Ahhh, our newest CAD victim. Anyone want to place wagers on how many saws he has by the end of the year? :yoyo: Welcome aboard. You are in for a ride! FWIW, saws are seldom as old as they seem. Regardless of what it is, we can help you get it going. I'll take a wild guess that it is a C-series.

Ahhh, our newest CAD victim. Anyone want to place wagers on how many saws he has by the end of the year? :yoyo: Welcome aboard. You are in for a ride! FWIW, saws are seldom as old as they seem. Regardless of what it is, we can help you get it going. I'll take a wild guess that it is a C-series.

Well, went out to the shop to grab it and it was not where the old man thought it was :-( It was my grandfathers saw so I really really want to get it home and make it happy. As for the # of saws, I have 2 in my possession at the current time, a stihl ms361 and a poulan 2250:msp_biggrin: both are great but the poulan has got my goat at the current time with the bar tensioning issue :angry: I am a total motor head but have run out of room to build anymore cars so building a saw or 12 is my next best option:msp_biggrin:

Welcome to the site. As mentioned above there is a Homelite thread with a lot of very knowledgeable folks that will go out of their way to help you. We love all Homelites, but, the bigger the better, Joe.

Well, went out to the shop to grab it and it was not where the old man thought it was :-( It was my grandfathers saw so I really really want to get it home and make it happy. As for the # of saws, I have 2 in my possession at the current time, a stihl ms361 and a poulan 2250:msp_biggrin: both are great but the poulan has got my goat at the current time with the bar tensioning issue :angry: I am a total motor head but have run out of room to build anymore cars so building a saw or 12 is my next best option:msp_biggrin:

Build shelves..........................................Build shelves...........................................................Build shelves.........................................:msp_rolleyes:

It started with two junkers three years ago. Now have 50.:msp_w00t:

I would prefer 50 cars but no space or money for that.

Build shelves..........................................Build shelves...........................................................Build shelves.........................................:msp_rolleyes:

what he said shelves are super cool !!! dont get in too much of a hurry to fix too many at one time, or you will drive your self crazy :msp_razz::msp_razz: looking for parts, oh btw 99% of girls HATE chainsaws the other 1% like them ok
a few will pretend to be ok with them until you reach about 6 to 10 but then ....:mad2: just keep that in mind my friend :biggrin:
btw dont touch the chain when its running you never know when the clutch will hang up :msp_ohmy:

Congrats on your new toy, and prepare to loose your hearing, homelite mufflers don't exactly muffle, they amplify! Otherwise they're fairly simple in design, have a VI944 myself

I started with about 10 saws that i had from my first infection of CAD,now that I've relapsed i'm over 150.
Unfortunately i also have over 150 cars/trucks from my towing/garage business.Wish i had 300 saws instead,much easier to get rid of.Haven't found a way to mail cars in one piece:msp_tongue:.Saws you can mail.
Thomas

i have a few...this place draws you in. i just got a lead on a 2100cd so we shall see. GF was like cool when are we gonna get it:msp_thumbsup: though if your gonna spend some cash on saws and run em get some safety gear first thing i haven't yet and i have 25+ saws but no safety gear:msp_mad: the 2100 might just have to wait

Back