Really ugly trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very typical of yard trees around here Jerry. They just grow up like weeds and can get pretty unruly.

I had a big surprise while bucking up one of the big stems today. As I was cutting I noticed a wad of fur in the kerf, thought I must have hit some kind of nest in the hollow tree but couldn't image a bunch of grey squirrels in this part of the state. Next thing I knew a large raccoon appeared out of a hole. I guess the bark of my McCulloch SP81 convinced him not to argue with me as he just took off. That was a first for me, never had one ride it to the ground and wait for me to come along to chase him out.

That's where he was...

Doug was helping today with his 026, nice little saw for contending with a lot of limbing on a project like this.

This one was around 30" in diameter but the PM800 and SP81 with 28" bars made short work of it.

Had a family of racoons in a hollow Oak we took down earlier this year. The tree was so hollow it was pulled down by a truck. I am sure the racoons thought the whole world was coming down around them....oh wait it was LOL.

And there you go, PM800, SP81, SP70, SP105, and the SP60 for the little stuff.

attachment.php

Mark

There is just something wrong with someone who poses there chainsaws:msp_biggrin:.

Latest posts

Back