• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Reasonably priced, 455 Rancher.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you looked at Husqy refurbs on VMInnovations-dot-com? Got a 455r to my door from them for $325. Once I got a dolmar PS-6100, a bud wanted and bought the 455r, else you could have it. Strong runner for one of them.

If your elder-sawyer is not fixated on 455r, look at the 435 (40 cc). $176 delivered right now for refurb. Nice nimble saw with 16".

I believe my buddy has one that needs a coil? If you would be interested. Iirc he said it runs great for a few minutes and shuts off. Cools down and repeat.

Haven't turned a 455 up as yet, been trying to get him interested in something else, maybe a 450, or 445 etc. etc.
I have plenty of other saws he could use, but he would rather use a hatchet than use a borrowed saw! And honestly, i'm pretty much the same way. I have a neighbor with a full machine shop, I am welcome to go to his place anytime for anything I need, as is he with my small shop and tools, but we have the mutual understanding, NO CHAINSAWS!!! They just never seem to come back the way they left.
Thanks again for all the kind offers and generosity!!! A truly great bunch of folks here!!!

My first saw was a 455 rancher. What are you willing to spend. Mine is piston ported and muffler modded. It pulls a 24" bar nicely. Throw a 18" on it and it fly's threw wood. I don't know why these saws are so hated by all the guys on hear. They may not be a 372 but they cut justfine. I love mine and have not had one problem from it. I'm trying to save up for a 576 or 372. Maybe we can help eachother out

I have one that I picked up a few weeks ago. its the e-series with the tool less tensioner. It runs great and I don't have a lot invested in it. I was planning on porting it and flipping it. I bought it needing an oiler and a choke lever. I have the before video of it running here:

I always like to replace the crank seals when I break down a saw, so I ordered some new ones and they should be arriving today. I'll work on the saw and get the after video up either today or tomorrow.

Let me know if you are interested.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :)
Hi Folks:
Was talking to my old buddy in upstate NY, earlier today, low and behold, he picked one up at a yard sale last weekend! He's sending in on it's way, as soon as he gets a chance. He said it's filthy, but runs, I said that wasn't a problem!
Again, i'd like to thak you all for your generosity and interest!! Hopefully someday I can return the favors.
Quite a special group of folks here, that's for sure!!
Blessings to you all!!
c5c7c9

I will see if I can arrange that, but since I don't have a cell phone it would have to be by camera, and i'm not sure how that would go over LOL.

Yes, we would love to see the man with his new saw. I knew this would come together sooner or later. Please keep us updated. :)

Latest posts

Back