Reasons why chain may get loose or come off the bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hipastore

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Newbie video from Hipa and need some advice for improvement in the video and content.

Thank you very much!

Newbie video from Hipa and need some advice for improvement in the video and content.

Thank you very much!

A few items I would do to improve it

1. For stihl chainsaws they recommend you push up on the tip when tightening it. The video did not show or mention this

2. Clean the groove of the bar periodically

3. You say you need to use a chainsaw safely. Your video should show this practice. Cutting without a shirt or in shorts, not the safest recommended way of doing it.

4. The tape on the last chainsaw covering up maker. Looks a bit cheap

5. You say worn sprocket. Have a picture of what one looks like. Saying it does not help user know if they have one

You should have people employed to critique your work and make sure it's pertinent, and correct. Not use the forum for this function. Geared twords homeowners or not, it not a good video.

You should have people employed to critique your work and make sure it's pertinent, and correct. Not use the forum for this function. Geared twords homeowners or not, it not a good video.
I am new here so take my comment with a grain of salt. If the video was saying buy my products, shop here, spend your money with me I would agree. The video does not do that imo. As a newer chainsaw user trying to learn I appreciate videos. Wish there were more. I have bought stihl chainsaws and now an echo. Both dealers were like here you go. Even though I asked tell me about the saw. Finding videos on maintenance, how to change to cold weather operation, fuel, oil, etc... are all helpful. Some videos are not worth the time to watch while others are like gold mines. End users will figure that out

I am new here so take my comment with a grain of salt. If the video was saying buy my products, shop here, spend your money with me I would agree. The video does not do that imo. As a newer chainsaw user trying to learn I appreciate videos. Wish there were more. I have bought stihl chainsaws and now an echo. Both dealers were like here you go. Even though I asked tell me about the saw. Finding videos on maintenance, how to change to cold weather operation, fuel, oil, etc... are all helpful. Some videos are not worth the time to watch while others are like gold mines. End users will figure that out
There's a wealth of knowledge on this site. From back yard hacks to full fledged loggers and fellers. This hipa store is constantly asking questions for "their customers" that (as chainsaw, o.p.e. and parts maker/distributer) they should readily have a knowledgeable staff on hand to answer. Just as your dealer should have taken the time to run down the basics of the saw operation, or (like your now doing) gave you advice on whom to seek out for information if they didn't know. Pawning off your job to educate others about your product is poore form.

Not trolling, just sharing something about chainsaws. I know you have experienced saw users, and this video is made for homeowners or someone not familiar with saws.
Alrighty, if you want to be helpful then you can answer some questions regarding your business. If I order $500 in parts from you to be sent to the USA do you pay a duty to your government prior to putting them on the ship? How about if I order $5000? Do you pay a duty to the US government?

I did a Google. Found this. Kind of interesting. I read before that it costs more for a company to ship a mug from New Jersey to Florida then to ship a mug from China to Florida. It is something like international shipping standards. Don't know any about them. Thank your politicians for the law that hurts the US businessman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301_190803_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_190803_Chrome.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 0
There's a wealth of knowledge on this site. From back yard hacks to full fledged loggers and fellers. This hipa store is constantly asking questions for "their customers" that (as chainsaw, ****** and parts maker/distributer) they should readily have a knowledgeable staff on hand to answer. Just as your dealer should have taken the time to run down the basics of the saw operation, or (like your now doing) gave you advice on whom to seek out for information if they didn't know. Pawning off your job to educate others about your product is poore form.
I understand and appreciate your concerns about our responsibility to provide accurate and helpful information to our customers. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and to ensure that our customers have all the information they need to safely and effectively use our products.

However, we also recognize the value of community knowledge and the benefits of sharing experiences and tips with others. This is why we support and encourage our customers to share their experiences and knowledge with each other through platforms like this one. We believe that by creating a supportive and informed community of users, we can all benefit from each other's knowledge and experiences.

That being said, we are always working to improve our customer service and to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information to our customers.

Alrighty, if you want to be helpful then you can answer some questions regarding your business. If I order $500 in parts from you to be sent to the USA do you pay a duty to your government prior to putting them on the ship? How about if I order $5000? Do you pay a duty to the US government?
Absolutely, Hipa Store is a legal e-commerce parts company, and we pay duty to both our government and the Us government as well.

Absolutely, Hipa Store is a legal e-commerce parts company, and we pay duty to both our government and the Us government as well.
If I order $500 in parts how much duty is paid to China and how much is paid to the USA.

I understand and appreciate your concerns about our responsibility to provide accurate and helpful information to our customers. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and to ensure that our customers have all the information they need to safely and effectively use our products.

However, we also recognize the value of community knowledge and the benefits of sharing experiences and tips with others. This is why we support and encourage our customers to share their experiences and knowledge with each other through platforms like this one. We believe that by creating a supportive and informed community of users, we can all benefit from each other's knowledge and experiences.

That being said, we are always working to improve our customer service and to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information to our customers.
You quoted in the wrong thread.... this was in your chainsaw video thread.

Back