Rebuilding a 359...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonka56

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My cousin offered to give me a Husky 359 ETECH that accidentally got submerged under water.

I am an experienced mechanic and also an engineer, so I figure I can get it running again. I have very little experience with working on saws and two cycle ICEs though.

It will need a new jug and piston along with a few other things. I also want to do away with all of the ETECH associated components.

Any suggestions, part numbers and links would be helpful. What parts define the ETECH model and what are the replacements?

The is just a fun project that I figure I could tinker with and learn a few things.

E-Tech Parts

There is not much that makes a 359 into an E-Tech. Catalytic muffler is the big one. Just replace it with one from either a 357XP or a pre E-Tech 359. Then all you will have to do is change out the green gas cap and the sticker on the recoil start cover that says " E-Tech". :chainsaw:

Tonka56 said:
I believe it is. It may have remained saturated for some time. I also think the saw was a bit flakey even before. I do not have it in hand yet, so I cannot be certain...just going by what I heard.

if it has got water inside the engine theres change it might need new crank too, but most likely it is just heat-seized i believe...

Back