Rebuilt 066 wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on getting it running!!

I do a plastic "weld" with a small 15watt soldering iron on a lot of covers with good success. Glue or even the all powerful "JB Weld" can fall off or allow separation and honestly looks like poo....

Pull the cracked pieces together and melt them together from behind using a swirling method. If the cracked line is cleaned well enough it may not be visible from the outside once repaired.

Congrats on getting it running!!

I do a plastic "weld" with a small 15watt soldering iron on a lot of covers with good success. Glue or even the all powerful "JB Weld" can fall off or allow separation and honestly looks like poo....

Pull the cracked pieces together and melt them together from behind using a swirling method. If the cracked line is cleaned well enough it may not be visible from the outside once repaired.
That's another way, yep. I know a good plastic welder but I still like the "poo" jb for non-critical areas. Surface prep is key and heck, it is Lakeside approved.

Back