recomended cylinder porting for a 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my 575, its's really smooth and has a nice power band. I dunno if I'd mod it right away though, I might muffler mod it someday, got another year on the warranty, and I want to run it enough to make sure no problems develop. I've run a good 30 tanks through it and everything seems just right as rain.

I hope to have them salmon steaks...need to get my father out on the big lake this summer so I do. I have a saw to drop off to Dave and I'll mention it. Definately will have my father in tow this year.

A friend that has a tree service runs a 575, and I'm willing to bet 1500 hours on it maybe more, gets used 5 days a week all year long, and they've had it a long time. Still runs great. I just had to fix one of the rear spring mounts, it actually broke in half, and fixed up the wires for the heated handles. When running it in the wet, they were getting electrocuted by it.

Last edited:
A friend that has a tree service runs a 575, and I'm willing to bet 1500 hours on it maybe more, gets used 5 days a week all year long, and they've had it a long time. Still runs great. I just had to fix one of the rear spring mounts, it actually broke in half, and fixed up the wires for the heated handles. When running it in the wet, they were getting electrocuted by it.
Were they killed or merely shocked? Electrocuted is like executed, shocked is like "oh sh!t". Big difference :greenchainsaw:

575 mod help

i have ported and muffler modded at least 10 575 now and never had a complaint yet,they work great!

My two 7900s went down Last week so I picked up a new 390 and a lightly used 07 575. I had ordered a new one (576) but that day some one traded the 575 In so I took the bird in hand...

In the mean time a friend knowing i wanted saws replaced asap, found me a 281 and bought it for me thinking it was a steal at 500 taxes and shipping in. I was mortified and did not want to tell my friend that the old 281 will likely be an expensive boat anchore.

I gave the 281 and 575 a head to head today and the 281 eats the 575 for lunch. Seems like 281 is pretty tight and must have been renewed as the seriel suggests its from 87.The 575 apperantly had 150 psi after three pulls so I think it's running as well as it can. Even still I would not expect the 281 to pull so much harder then a newer 575.

Is there any help for this saw. Wish I had not been impulsive but I had three dolmars go down in a as many weeks (messing up a crane jobto boot) so I bought what I could as fast as I could.

I would appreciate any thoughts on helping this saw perform better.

On a side note one of the new fellows bought some marine 2 stroke with out my knowledge and ran that. Any thoughts, wondering if that mix might have cooked my saws.

Latest posts

Back