Record for slow delivery from China?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When I order stuff from China, it usually comes in 3 to 5 weeks, but i have had a carb. that took 8 wks, 2 chains that took 11 wks and 14 wks, and now a fuel line that took 4 MONTHS (25 wks actually). I have come to the understanding, that if your package remains in the system it will eventually get delivered, of course it could always get lost or destroyed if a container ship sinks at sea or a mail delivery truck crashes and burns on the highway.

i had one order that never got here. after months it shows up back in china. i did get a refund though.

i can't recall how long that took, at least two months, maybe three.

When I order stuff from China, it usually comes in 3 to 5 weeks, but i have had a carb. that took 8 wks, 2 chains that took 11 wks and 14 wks, and now a fuel line that took 4 MONTHS (25 wks actually). I have come to the understanding, that if your package remains in the system it will eventually get delivered, of course it could always get lost or destroyed if a container ship sinks at sea or a mail delivery truck crashes and burns on the highway.

or this........

I think you might find a good portion of the delay is down to Canada customs they are in the premier league for delays

I order a lot of small electronic parts from china.. I'm still getting orders I placed Feb 24th.. On the other hand, my Farmertec 066 cylinder got here in about 2 weeks. I've usually never had a problem getting a refund on stuff that didn't arrive in the stated time.. If I get the parts late I'll return the refund though.. I'm sure Customs has a lot to do with the delays.

My folks ordered a Harley T shirt for my sister's husband on Amazon.

Ordered for Christmas around the beginning of November. It arrived at the end of March... from China!

I am still waiting for a packet of fuel filters I have ordered from China several months back.
It seems delivery times are very much like quality control there: hit or miss.

I have had terrible luck with ebay china orders lately. out of 15 items i think i received 6-7 of them, many over 2 months now. Order from hutzl and it's always here in 7-10 business days for me. Then, if i order from hutzl through ebay it takes 6 weeks!!???????? i would pay extra to get stuff shipped same way hutzl ships saw parts to me.

And what is it about Chicago? I have an order of carb kits that took 4 days to get from China to Chicago and 16 days and counting to get to me. I've noticed that there are some Chinese sorting centers that are much faster than others. Are orders from Hong Kong any faster than those from mainland China?

I have never had any serious trouble getting stuff here (Canada) from China; but recently I ordered an air filter from a town in Illinois. Ordered it at the end of March, it took 20 days to get to Chicago, and a month later it still hasn't arrived and, as near as I can tell it's still in Chicago. Normally you can plan on things taking up to an extra week because of customs, but I can't quite understand this one.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

I order a lot of small electronic parts from china.. I'm still getting orders I placed Feb 24th.. On the other hand, my Farmertec 066 cylinder got here in about 2 weeks. I've usually never had a problem getting a refund on stuff that didn't arrive in the stated time.. If I get the parts late I'll return the refund though.. I'm sure Customs has a lot to do with the delays.
How do you return the refund. I got something thats on rout but is late so i just let seller know cause i got the email asking to rate him. It will probly come.
I never asked for refund was just letting him know so hes not wondering why i am not rating him yet.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

And what is it about Chicago? I have an order of carb kits that took 4 days to get from China to Chicago and 16 days and counting to get to me. I've noticed that there are some Chinese sorting centers that are much faster than others. Are orders from Hong Kong any faster than those from mainland China?
I think Hong Kong is on the mainland...Do you mean Taiwan?

I think Hong Kong is on the mainland...Do you mean Taiwan?

True, but as I recall, it's on the coast, and it has a VERY different history from the rest of China, having been a center of international commerce for decades. Just wondering if, because of that, it has an advantage over, shall we say, inland China. And, again, what is it about Chicago that is sooooo slow?

. And, again, what is it about Chicago that is sooooo slow

Well....since Illinois and particularly Chicago is so anti-gun, they were probably trying to figure out if you could convert the parts into some type of firearm before they released it.

Back