Red Bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a pallet of red Max bar oil in since it was actually cheaper than Husky. And let me tell ya, this stuff is bright red. If your saw is pushing lots of oil, you start looking to see where you cut yourself.

Strange thing is that it's not labeled winter or summer or 10W or 30W. So, I called Red Max to see what was up and the guy just said "It's all purpose oil" Well what the heck does that mean? "It's all purpose oil". What's the weight? "All Purpose" Talkative guy.

So,I took a gallon home and stuck it in the freezer, and it was OK in the morning. So that's my winter oil.

spike60 said:
We got a pallet of red Max bar oil in since it was actually cheaper than Husky. And let me tell ya, this stuff is bright red. If your saw is pushing lots of oil, you start looking to see where you cut yourself.

Strange thing is that it's not labeled winter or summer or 10W or 30W. So, I called Red Max to see what was up and the guy just said "It's all purpose oil" Well what the heck does that mean? "It's all purpose oil". What's the weight? "All Purpose" Talkative guy.

So,I took a gallon home and stuck it in the freezer, and it was OK in the morning. So that's my winter oil.

I ordered 10 cases of the redmax bar oil to try a couple weeks ago. When it came in I noticed it was pretty thin, probably ok for winter oil. But when I ordered it I don't think my distributor ever sold 10 cases at once before.

When it came in I called my dist to see who made it and what weight it was, he told me Citgo all weather B&C oil.

It didn't last long anyway I had one guy with a firewood processor buy all 10 cases of the redmax oil and all I had left of the Dolmar (Spectrum) 30wt.

Steve

bwalker said:
She is doing pretty darn good, with the exception of keeping us up all night.
Where you at the GTG. I heard KF placed fourth with my 346...didnt push hard enough.

BTW all, last time I checked the same company that produced Husky bar oil also made Supertech. This may have changed as the last half dozen jugs of supertech I have bought have appeared to be a differant oil. Thicker and darker, like Stihl oil .

Good news on your daugher.
I was busy cooking and had little time to observe the 50cc class, just enough time to take last place with a stock saw and stock chain. Arden Cogar ran Kens ported 5100 with good chain and cut in 1/3 the time my stock setup took, he could not believe they were the same saw.

Gtg

sedanman said:
Good news on your daugher.
I was busy cooking and had little time to observe the 50cc class, just enough time to take last place with a stock saw and stock chain. Arden Cogar ran Kens ported 5100 with good chain and cut in 1/3 the time my stock setup took, he could not believe they were the same saw.

I'd like to get in on this dudes. I'm over near Saranac Lake, NY. That'd be a blast. How do you get invited to something like that eh?

Back