Red Cedar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I came across a deal on a bunch of smaller red cedar logs. They range from 8" at the butt up to about 14 to 16. Most are about 8 ' long. Is there any market for it or just saw it up for my own use. I have acess for more of it too. Very deep red with little white on the out sides.
Bob

I came across a deal on a bunch of smaller red cedar logs. They range from 8" at the butt up to about 14 to 16. Most are about 8 ' long. Is there any market for it or just saw it up for my own use. I have acess for more of it too. Very deep red with little white on the out sides.
Bob

Don't know about a market in your area, but red cedar is the one wood I use in my shop that I have to buy, as larger trees to mill that might yield clear boards are somewhat rare around here. Lots of smaller stuff, but almost not worth the time to mill. If I were closer I'd try and swing a deal, maybe trade you some oak or maple for that cedar. To give you an idea, you can get kiln dried redcedar (also called aromatic cedar in the sawmill buss around these parts) from sawmills for between $2.50 and $3.50 a bd ft depending on quality and thickness. So happens that redcedar cracker holders are my second largest selling item at my craft shows, second only to cherry cracker holders. The ladies like them so that is what I make. I get $8 for a cracker holder, in case you are curious.
crackerbig.jpg

Latest posts

Back