Redrilling of bars from K041 to K095

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
I was wondering since the K041 and K095 16" bars appear to be the same on the tail mount areas, etc. If I could take the K041 and drill out the bar oiler holes to use on the K095 bar mount saws?

Adjuster hole on the 3 K041 bars I have to redo are the same as my 3 K095 bars already.
Going to give it a shot this winter on a good day to see, no work shop area anymore till spring. Having to work on the kitchen table now. :angry:

Update

Well it works. I re-drilled all the bar oiler holes on 3 bars and started re-drilling the bar adjuster holes bigger. Got one completely finished and working good.
Went through 2 drill bits enlarging the bar adjusting holes though and ran out of that size. What is a better drill bit to be using for drilling out bars?

yes

I do this all the time to set my carving saws up with 3/8 lo-pro. All I do is take a dremmel with any old grinding wheel and make a groove from the top of that 041 bar down to the oiler/pin hole. I do this on both sides so I can turn it over. That's all I do. It takes about 30 seconds to do and oil flows fine.
try it,
Stevie

raybenson said it best, also i use a carbide center drill when drilling the oiler holes in the rail as the rails are generaly induction hardened.

Rotax

Latest posts

Back