Refill Your Aerosol Cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EWK Patented Aluminum Refillable Aerosol Spray Can, Pneumatic Compressed Air Sprayer for Lubrication and Anti-Rust https://a.co/d/hAjsjbP

Performance Tool M715 Eco-Friendly Non-Aerosol Reusable Liquid Sprayer https://a.co/d/0IF1GZU

Just easier to get pre-made reusable canisters. I've been looking at the top link for some time, and have used the can in the second link for quite a long time. It's worked quite well for a multitude of different sprays, oils etc.

Yeah I linked them in the video! I’m sure they’re great. I have reservations about using brake and carburetor type cleaners in them though as it does state not to use any strong acids or alkalines in them. I presume it will deteriorate the seals and o rings?

If you have a can with fluid left in it but pressure is gone, you can literally take the plastic nozzle off, and a use blow nozzle to force air pressure back into the can by pressing it over the little plastic nipple and hitting it with pressurized air. I didn't believe it until i tried it, works like a charm!

EWK Patented Aluminum Refillable Aerosol Spray Can, Pneumatic Compressed Air Sprayer for Lubrication and Anti-Rust https://a.co/d/hAjsjbP

Performance Tool M715 Eco-Friendly Non-Aerosol Reusable Liquid Sprayer https://a.co/d/0IF1GZU

Just easier to get pre-made reusable canisters. I've been looking at the top link for some time, and have used the can in the second link for quite a long time. It's worked quite well for a multitude of different sprays, oils etc.
I came to say the same thing... you can just buy a refillable can.

I came to say the same thing... you can just buy a refillable can.
I had a look at the price of a refillable can looks like they range in price from $50 up to $100 down here.
For a few bucks and not much time think I'll give Tom's DIY refillable can idea a go myself 👍

I had a look at the price of a refillable can looks like they range in price from $50 up to $100 down here.
For a few bucks and not much time think I'll give Tom's DIY refillable can idea a go myself 👍
Yeah mate I saw $100 for the can on Amazon, not
to mention it says not to use strong chemicals. Can you imagine it failing after a few uses having spent $100 LOL. I’ll stick with a free can, free schrader valve and 15 minutes of time to make it.

I made some of those pressurized cans sometime back. I had some old valve stems and used the brass center after removing the rubber. slightly dent in the side of the can and just use solder and propane torch. I also use a large soldering iron.
I also unclog spray paint cans by using a tubeless tire valve stem pressed down over the top and use about 60-120lbs of air and I can also re-pressurize rattle cans using this method.
Sometimes a $8 rattle paint can will still have lots of paint and be clogged.
You can you tube about such but the rubber tubeless valve stem pressed over the top will usually blow enough back through the stem to eventually clear a clog.

ATF in the spray cans is a good lube.

Lot of info on you tube about such.

I found that it's more user friendly installing to put the schrader valve on the side of the can inch or two down from the top rim instead of the top. Make a dimple in the can, drill the hole for the press fit brass schrader valve, lightly tin the brass schrader valve with solder hold with needle nose pliers heat and apply into hole and the dimple helps hold addition solder for a good solid seal around the brass schrader valve and less chance of overheating the spray nozzle area in the top..

I found that it's more user friendly installing to put the schrader valve on the side of the can inch or two down from the top rim instead of the top. Make a dimple in the can, drill the hole for the press fit brass schrader valve, lightly tin the brass schrader valve with solder hold with needle nose pliers heat and apply into hole and the dimple helps hold addition solder for a good solid seal around the brass schrader valve and less chance of overheating the spray nozzle area in the top..
Yep! Whatever works best for you :)

I really can't disagree, it's definitely a much cheaper option if you have a little time and motivation. ✌️

Latest posts

Back