Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I am starting a note book where I keep all these tips and bits of info you and the other members have shared with me when it comes to these remington saws. Thanks again!
Bookmark.jpg
There's a bookmark feature that allows storing things you want to save. Just click the icon circled above to bookmark a post, a page, or a thread. Bookmarks are stored in your account preferences area and can be labeled accordingly for convenient reference and retrieval. They can also be inserted as links when composing a new post. Very handy feature.

Bookmark2.jpg

There's a bookmark feature that allows storing things you want to save. Just click the icon circled above to bookmark a post, a page, or a thread. Bookmarks are stored in your account preferences area and can be labeled accordingly for convenient reference and retrieval. They can also be inserted as links when composing a new post. Very hand

I do that also ,but the paat crash and hack has made me leary.
Thats a good point didn't slip my mind

I've meant to export/archive my bookmarked content forever, but it would be a daunting task at this point. I'm sure there's a XenForo module available that can do it given a capable enough admin to properly implement it.

Sorry for the derail. Back to Remingtons.

Bantam 1.jpg

Bantam 3.jpg

Bantam 2.jpg

Is the bar mount a A095 for a remington sl9/sl10? I might make a trip for a super 660 saw and he has a sl9 and I don't want to leave any remingtons behind. But it doesn't have a bar. Thanks.

How do you like that 95cc girl for cutting? Did you cut with it at all before the restoration?
It was in pretty rough shape prior to restoration, so i never did run it.
It still hasn't seen fuel for what its worth. I hear they cut pretty nicely though. I'd also imagine that they get hot really quick given the layout especially with that much engine.

It still hasn't seen fuel for what its worth. I hear they cut pretty nicely though. I'd also imagine that they get hot really quick given the layout especially with that much engine.
Yea I seen a warning label on a remington that said to slightly loosen fuel cap and let vent for 1 min i think I couldn't read it too good in the pic I imagine it's because the tank gets real hot and becomes pressurized on a lighter note got these today😀

Attachments

• 20211215_123002.jpg
    20211215_123002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20211215_123039.jpg
    20211215_123039.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
yeah all of mine like to bubble coming out of the fuel tank i can only imagine with a larger cc one

These pl-7 cylinder and piston would work on a sl-11 besides piston stroke right i believe sl-11 is 1.38 and pl-7 1.55 and the frames are the same if anyone has one for sale I'd be interested?
PL and SL 6s and 7s are a larger frame and share next to nothing with the smaller Remingtons, 82cc saws included.

Anyone know where to get a Carter nrd carburetor rebuild kit for a remington super 660 or had anyone swapped that carb out for a tilly hl159a? I checked the marine parts place in bark River Michigan they don't have any.

Anyone know where to get a Carter nrd carburetor rebuild kit for a remington super 660 or had anyone swapped that carb out for a tilly hl159a? I checked the marine parts place in bark River Michigan they don't have any.
Would this work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-212452_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-212452_Chrome.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 8
Thanks ezra I completely forgot about sugar creek having carb stuff. I was always looking at there decals. Wish they made more decal sets for remingtons. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Thanks ezra I completely forgot about sugar creek having carb stuff. I was always looking at there decals. Wish they made more decal sets for remingtons. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!
Not a problem as long as they have them yet

Back