Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let you know I modified a D009 large Husqvarna mount bar to fit my 754 , it took a little hand filing but it also fits my big frame Homelite saws.
Thanks! I am starting a note book where I keep all these tips and bits of info you and the other members have shared with me when it comes to these remington saws. Thanks again!

Any tips for tuning a hl159a? I just rebuilt mine and it seems like it's running real rich. I tried bending the fuel metering lever and it's below flush now. Still seems like I'm spraying some fuel out the exhaust. I tried getting a better tune on it today. Also saw feels like it's loading up on fuel because it takes 15-30 seconds for it to return back to idle after running wot. Was hoping burying it in some wood might help clean it out.

I believe so. The big metal disk on the diaphram is pointing down. I can take it back apart and recheck everything. So diaphram then the other gasket on top of that? Otherwise than running rich it runs great. Will be trying it in some wood hopefully next weekend

You know what 67L36 I think I have it backwards. I just looked at one print I have on hand. I guess I can most likely vouch on being the 1 in 100 that gets kt wrong 🤣

Attachments

• 16393485166151014951995228481566.jpg
    16393485166151014951995228481566.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Does anyone know why there is a 1.5 hp difference between the Remington super 660 and the super 754? There's only a few cc's of difference between them. I'm going off of acresinternet ratings. Also a link to a manual for a super 660 would be great! I have a super 660 to go pick up this week. Thanks!

Just picked up a Mall 4mg. Saw will run with a bit of gas squirted into the carb and has good compression. Came with a 24 inch roller tip which is nice. Does anyone know why my saw has two holes on the right hand side plate for for the fuel shutoff and lean/rich screw but now air intake grill behind them? Just variation between production? This saw is 99% complete other than the airfilter assembly.

What kind of paint did you use? I seen guys using rustoleum automotive engine enamel red and then clear coating it with that spraymax 2k from germany. Thanks again for sharing your super sweet 754!:baba::baba::baba::rock:

What kind of paint did you use? I seen guys using rustoleum automotive engine enamel red and then clear coating it with that spraymax 2k from germany. Thanks again for sharing your super sweet 754!:baba::baba::baba::rock:
That is either duplicolor engine enamel or a HD enamel from an industrial supplier. I then spray the 2k clear over it all.
I spray all the pieces when they are apart, and then assemble, instead of putting the minor assemblies together then painting.

While we are on the subject of restored saws, i've also posted this one before, but it turned out good so i'll post it again. Thats another NOS bar, 38" one, picked it up from the same antique store that i got the other one from.

View attachment 948421View attachment 948422View attachment 948423View attachment 948424
These pl-7 cylinder and piston would work on a sl-11 besides piston stroke right i believe sl-11 is 1.38 and pl-7 1.55 and the frames are the same if anyone has one for sale I'd be interested?

These pl-7 cylinder and piston would work on a sl-11 besides piston stroke right i believe sl-11 is 1.38 and pl-7 1.55 and the frames are the same if anyone has one for sale I'd be interested?
I dont think it would mount to the chassis?
But I could end up with a used one I could measure for you.
I'll be restoring my SL7A in the up coming year.

Latest posts

Back