Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tip: Do not use and extended tip spark plug in a Bantam type. The piston will push ground electrode into the center and you risk holing the piston.

Remington supplied a 3/16” thick open end wrench to R&R the plug.

A Champion J6J is correct. The hex positions exactly between the top cylinder fin and the housing where it can be reached with the supplied wrench.

Thanks 67L36Driver, will the spark plug wrench (scrench) cut in half work? Another gentleman suggested that since all the wrenches remington supplied with the saw are either in collections or lost. Also i will match up the plugs to make sure it is no longer than the current installed plug is. Parts for this saw are few and far in-between. Don't need a uh-oh moment that's for sure.

Anybody have a felling spike for this model? Super 754. I don't need it but if someone could trace the one they have and mail it to me I will gladly send them 20$ for there time to the return address. Thanks guys!
I should be able to trace it out for you this weekend .pm me your adress .

Those roller tip bars are awesome... I have a Remington PL4 with one of those bars and its like smooth as silk...

Here is a plug wrench i made for mine if the other guy can't get a template i can take mine off and trace one out and if your recoil cup is worn i installed 3 rivets for dawgs to catch works really good

Attachments

• 20210927_200743.jpg
    20210927_200743.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210926_162301.jpg
    20210926_162301.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Diaphram is feeling brittle
Complete carb kit is generally in order. These carbs can be a pain to remove because of clearances around the mounting nuts. Open end and 90 degree ignition wrenches are a must. I'd check the fuel lines to make sure they are pliable.

Thanks yea fuel lines are good. The tank one is like brand new I did a pressure test on the lines and all good. Runs for 5-7 sec with fuel poured into carb. Throttle response is normal and runs better on run than choke.

Thanks yea fuel lines are good. The tank one is like brand new I did a pressure test on the lines and all good. Runs for 5-7 sec with fuel poured into carb. Throttle response is normal and runs better on run than choke.
hl159a rebuild kit right from tilt no other you'll feel more confident

Attachments

• 20210926_171549.jpg
    20210926_171549.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
This is what I ordered. Looks like what I have based on the little bit of tear down I did. It was pretty cool hearing it run for alil bit. Good thing is it has strong spark I was worried about the points. Thanks for the info! Every lil bit helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-185155_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-185155_eBay.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 7
Back