Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maggie Moo and I have the same outfit.

4b8d09d11a828eedf6fe2c5e329e36e0.jpg

Is there a homelite air filter that would fit a 754 the one in here is pretty rough. I heard that some c5 parts work. I heard soaking it in dawn dish detergent after you blow it off with air compressor works. But would rather let the experts chime in on that.

Is there a homelite air filter that would fit a 754 the one in here is pretty rough. I heard that some c5 parts work. I heard soaking it in dawn dish detergent after you blow it off with air compressor works. But would rather let the experts chime in on that.
I have 2 large frame Homelite saws and the air filter element sits on the air box ledge, the 754 air filter is actually a frocked cone screen which is held on the air horn of the carburetor by a spring. To my knowledge, 2 different types .

Mister @Woodslasher and his socks! Haha.
You can get unifilter material of Amazon pretty cheap and some all ready in cone shape.
Hey now! I said I saw a Wiz with a piece of a sock used as a filter, and I use socks as pre-filters on Green Weenies, I never said to use a sock as a filter! I get a fair bit of flack about my sock pre-filters, but when my 2100 rides in a wet truck bed or is out cutting in the rain my filter doesn't get covered in chunks of debris.

Hey don't get mad at me🤣 I thought that was pretty genius after I read it. I will post pics of what I come up with. Gonna try Thanksgiving weekend to see how far I get with it. Just don't see many come up for sale in real good condition. If it had a dog spike no paint would be worn off. Only paint missing is in the front where the tank/chassis was most likely rubbing against the log while bucking.

Any advice on how to remove the spark plug on the super 754? Thing is buried deep holy cow. Yes I did remove the rubber grommet but my lord an exorcism looks like a bare minimum requirement to even get started. Thanks guys!
Ah yes,the dreaded spartk plug removal,Lol.Remington had a special wrench that went with the saw for that purpose,but they get lost over ther yrs.What I've done is buy a 13/16 scrench & cut off the smaller end flush with the screwdriver part leaving just the screwdriver & the 13/16 socket part.It works great,but ya gotta play with it a bit to get ity on the plug.Then only loosen the plug & take the tool back off.

Latest posts

Back